Connect with us

Coronavirus

Prince Harry, wife, relocate from Canada to Meghan’s hometown, Los Angeles

Published

Meghan Markle

Prince Harry and Meghan Markle have left Canada amid the coronavirus pandemic and have moved permanently to California.

They took a private flight to the Los Angeles area before the borders between Canada and the US were shut, The Sun UK reports.

The Sussexes will set up a new home close to Hollywood, where they are currently living in lockdown with their ten-month-old son Archie.

A royal insider told the publication: “Harry and Meghan have left Canada now for good. The borders were closing and flights were stopping. They had to get out.

“But this move was planned for some time. They realised Canada would not work out for various reasons and they want to be based in the Los Angeles area.

“They have a big support network there. It’s where their new team of Hollywood agents and PRs and business managers are based. Meghan has lots of friends there and, of course, her mum Doria.

The bombshell move, dubbed Megxit 2, has reportedly “stunned and horrified” members of the Royal Family who believed that Prince Harry and Meghan Markle would consider returning to Britain to help their relatives after Prince Harry’s father, Prince Charles tested positive for COVID-19.

MORE READING!  Video: Gabrielle Union speaks on her exit from 'America’s Got Talent'

This came as US entertainment giant Disney pushed ahead with the release of a charity film about elephants, for which Meghan provides the voiceover.

The deal is believed to have been done after Harry cornered the company’s boss Bob Iger at the premiere of The Lion King in London last year.

MORE READING!  'You make me a better man', Alexx Ekubo praises girlfriend

The royal insider said the arrangement is another indication of where the couple see their priorities going forward.

The royal insider explained: “For Meghan, this type of work is going to be coming out of Hollywood going forward.

“She feels comfortable there around her people and has projects already planned like her children’s book.”

Royal courtiers believe the decision to move full-time to the US makes a mockery of the couple’s earlier pledge that they chose Canada because they wanted to live in a Commonwealth country.

One said: “We are stunned and horrified. The country is going through a traumatic event at the moment. They have a beautiful cottage in Windsor where they could have based themselves.

“It’s just a stone’s throw away from where the Queen and Prince Philip are in self-isolation.

“Prince Charles and Prince Andrew are both out of action too for very different reasons.

“This was an opportunity for them to put country before their own interests. California isn’t going anywhere.”

News

JUST IN: Nigeria records 387 new COVID-19 cases, total now 10162 cases

Published

on

Nigeria’s total confirmed cases of coronavirus (Covid-19) have risen to 10,162.

According to Nigeria Centre for Disease Control, NCDC, 307 new cases were recorded on Sunday with Lagos recording the highest number of 188 as usual.

Also, 13 other states and FCT recorded new cases while 3,007 patients have been treated and discharged.

MORE READING!  COVID-19: Bafta TV Awards to be held behind closed doors

Prompt News reports that 14 new deaths were added on Sunday, bringing the total fatalities to 287.

“307 new cases of #COVID19;

Lagos-188
FCT-44
Ogun-19
Kaduna-14
Oyo-12
Bayelsa-9
Gombe-5
Kano-3
Delta-3
Imo-2
Rivers-2
Niger-2
Bauchi-2
Plateau-1
Kwara-1

“10162 cases of #COVID19Nigeria
Discharged: 3007,/Deaths: 287

Continue Reading

General

Bayelsa confirms first COVID-19 death

Published

on

The Bayelsa State Government has confirmed the death of a Coronavirus patient from complications linked to the disease.

The Director of Public Health in the state’s ministry of health and member of the state’s COVID-19 task force committee, Dr Jones Stowe who confirmed the death of the patient said the deceased is one of the two military personnel who was among the new cases announced in the state a few days ago.

MORE READING!  They made over $1M and gave me only $300 – May D accuses defunct P-Square (Video)

Daily Trust reported that the deceased died after suffering from Acute Respiratory Distress Syndrome (ARDS) and other related complications days after testing positive for Coronavirus.

Bayelsa state has so far recorded 12 confirmed cases of Coronavirus.

Continue Reading

General

COVID-19: Monarch seeks lockdown extension

Published

on

Imo: Okada rider crushed while answering phone call

The Chairman of the Imo State Council of Traditional Rulers told the Federal Government on Sunday to extend the current lockdown as the total number of confirmed coronavirus cases in Nigeria nears the 10,000 mark.

Eze Samuel Ohiri made the appeal in an interview with the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) in Abuja, saying the lockdown extension was necessary to avert the rapid spread of the deadly virus in rural communities.

Nigeria has currently recorded 9,855 confirmed cases of the virus, 553 of which were recorded in the past 24 hours.

Two hundred and seventy-five deaths have also been recorded with 2,856 people discharged after recovering from the disease, according to the Nigeria Centre for Disease Control.

MORE READING!  Apple music radio: DJ Cuppy set to be first African to host show

On March 4, President Muhammadu Buhari announced a nationwide lockdown to check the spread of the virus and extended the lockdown on May 4.

Ohiri, who is also the Chief Executive Officer of Hi-Tech Diagnostics Ltd., noted that the lockdown had isolated the deadly virus to only metropolitan areas.

“Any plan to relax the lockdown at this time is not advisable because it will trigger community transmission from the metropolitan areas to rural areas.

“Nigeria at the moment has lost over 200 lives to COVID-19 and we cannot afford to lose more. So let government not relax the lockdown for now.”

The monarch also lauded the Federal Government’s efforts so far in containing the virus, urging State Governments to sustain the restriction on inter-state movements.

MORE READING!  Why didn't you give her the money instead, Nigerians react as Tonto gifts her maid iPhone 11 (video)

According to him, as soon the lockdown is lifted, inter-state movements will commence and community transmission will set in.

“A country like Ghana recorded unprecedented 60 per cent increase in COVID-19 infections after relaxing their lockdown.

“This disease is very deadly that even the survivors still suffer damage of one organ or the order, especially the lungs.”

The royal father, however, described speculations of conspiracy theory on COVID-19 as unfounded rumours, saying that proper education was required to prepare people against the virus.

MORE READING!  Justice for Tina: Toyin Abraham reacts to the sad news of 17-year-old girl who was murdered

He emphasised the imperative of collective responsibility in the fight against the virus, saying that total adherence to safety measures was key to reducing spread.

Ohiri disclosed that his firm had manufactured testing kits for COVID-19 and that the kits were capable of showing results in five minutes.

NAN

Continue Reading




Trending