Connect with us

Metro

Rapist, 18, jailed after his parents made him report himself to Police

Published

A restaurant worker has been jailed after his parents forced him to report himself to the police.

The 18-year old worker identified as Jack Evans reportedly forced himself on a virgin and would have escaped justice because the student never reported the attack.

However, when he apologised to her by text two months after the sex attack, his dad Jonathan and his stepmother Sarah Morris, both 47, saw the message and told him to tell the police.

They marched him to a police station where he told officers his name and what he had done.

MORE READING!  Police killed five suspects, shot three others in my presence, alleges man arrested over Offa robbery

They tracked down his victim, who told them about the attack and he was charged with rape.

Evans’ mother, Denis Stewart also made him confess to the crime.

The victim said she was left feeling “worthless” and unable to trust men again.

Evans’ father Jonathan Evans, 47, said outside Merthyr Tydfil Crown Court: “I wanted him to tell the truth, he had to do the right thing and admit his guilt.

“It’s been difficult for all of us and it’s caused quite a few arguments.”

The court heard Evans’ victim had told him to stop at the last minute but he had carried on during the attack in January last year.

MORE READING!  Winners Chapel's Deaconess arrested for setting ward's [email protected] on fire, inserting hot sticks before rubbing pepper (Photos)

Prosecutor Claire Pickthall said:

“She didn’t make a complaint but two months later Evans and his stepmother turned up at a police station to say what had happened.”

Evans, of Pontypool, South Wales, was jailed for two years and ordered to register as a sex offender.

He was watched by Deniz Stewart, his biological mother, who he told he loved as he was sent down. She was in court with him after she made him confess to the crime.

MORE READING!  Lebanon returnee speaks on 'hellish' sojourn

Gareth Williams, defending, had asked for a suspended sentence because of the “exceptional circumstances.”

He said:

“It is extremely rare for anyone to admit to such a serious offence without there being a complaint.”

But Judge Tracey Lloyd-Clarke said there were aggravating features and Evans had to be locked up.

He was sent to a Young Offenders’ Institute for two years after being given a discount for his age and his guilty plea.

Metro

Again, another building partially collapses in Lagos (Photos)

Published

on

Another building has partially collapsed in the Ikotun area of Lagos State on Saturday, July 11.

This coming barely 24 hours after a three storey-building collapsed in Lagos Island, killing three persons and leaving many others injured.

This was contained in a statement released by the Lagos State Emergency Management Agency LASEMA.

MORE READING!  Police killed five suspects, shot three others in my presence, alleges man arrested over Offa robbery

According to the statement, the one-storey building with nine shops and 15 rooms collapsed from the back of the building. Thankfully no life was lost or anyone injured in the incident.

The Director-General of the Lagos State Emergency Response Agency (LASEMA) disclosed that the building was found to be conspicuously distressed as many cracks were observed on the walls, pillars, and decking.

MORE READING!  FBI 'kidnapped' Hushpuppi from Dubai- Lawyer alleges

He said all the occupants have been evacuated while the building has been cordoned off.

See Photos below;

Continue Reading

Metro

50-year-old man arrested alongside neighbour for allegedly having s3x with daughter

Published

on

A 50-year old man has been arrested after his 15-year old stepdaughter exposed him that he had been secretly sleeping with her as well as their 30-year-old neighbour, since 2019 in Lagos.

According to P.M.EXPRESS, the incident happened at Ibitoye Street, Ajegunle area of Lagos, where they reside.

It was gathered that both the stepfather identified as, Paul Nnadi, and their neighbour, Ayobamidele, were sleeping with the victim without each of them knowing until they were arrested over the dastardly act.

MORE READING!  20-year-old student allegedly raped and murdered in Ilorin

The matter eventually leaked when Ayobamidele was caught in the act by the stepfather, Paul and he raised alarm. The victim then opened up and implicated her stepfather accusing him as the one who started the sexual abuse before Ayobamidele joined.

This shocked their neighbours including his wife, who reported to the Police and the suspects were arrested. They were later transferred to the Gender Section of the Command for interrogation.

MORE READING!  Girl, 7, reports grandparents to police in Ogun, accuses them of torturing her with hot rubber 

During the investigation, the suspects admitted but insisted that they did not force her into it and that was why she did not reveal before it got exposed.
The Police found them culpable and then charged them before Ogba Magistrates Court for defilement which attracts several years of imprisonment if they are found guilty.

However, the Court did not take his plea after the prosecutor, Mr Christopher John, asked the Court to remand the suspects pending the outcome of the DPP’s advice.

MORE READING!  28-year-old Covid-19 patient gives birth in Ogun

The Presiding Magistrate, Mr P.E. Nwaka, ordered their remand in Correctional centre without an option of bail and directed the prosecutor to duplicate the file and send to the DPP for advice.

The matter was adjourned till 10th August 2020, while the suspects will remain in custody pending the outcome of the DPP’s advice which will determine if the matter will be transferred to the High Court or not.

Continue Reading

Metro

Gunmen attack two Kaduna villages, kill 20

Published

on

No fewer than 20 people have been reportedly killed by gunmen following an attack on Chibuak and Kigudu II communities in Kauru Local Government Area of Kaduna state.

The two villages were said to have been attacked consecutively on Thursday and Friday at midnight while some of the villagers were said to be missing.

In the attacks which took place Thursday and through to Friday midnight, scores of villagers in the two communities were said to be missing.

Again, the gunmen were said to have launched another attack on Kigudu ll when villagers were preparing for a mass burial for the deaths on Saturday but were repelled by security operatives.

MORE READING!  Police officer kills okada rider for not wearing face mask in Imo (graphic photos)

Although the police in the state were yet to confirm the attacks, a Parish Priest of Damakasuwa Outstation, Reverend Father Aaron Tanko, confirmed the incidents, saying 20 people were killed while several other villagers, were missing.

Aaron, who overseers the two communities, said at Chibuak village, nine people were killed while 11 were killed in Kigudu II.

He said,

“The attacks took place on Thursday and Friday at midnight. Chibuak was attacked on Thursday and nine people were killed. They attacked Kigudu II on Friday night and killed 11 people.

“Some people are still missing so I cannot conclusively say this is the casualty figure. Some of those killed are my parishioners others are Protestants.

“We were preparing for the mass burial for our Parishioners this morning (Saturday) in Kigudu II but we could not do it when the herdsmen came attacking us again.

“But they were repelled by the security personnel. Nobody was killed or injured.

“We couldn’t even conduct proper mass burial, we just offered simple prayers and they were buried.

“There are villages where people cannot even go to their farms for fear of being killed by herdsmen.

“We appealed to government to addressed these incessant attacks on our communities and killings by herdsmen.”

When contacted as of the time of filing this report, the Kaduna State Command’s Public Relations Officer, ASP Mohammed Jalige said he was yet to received details on the attacks.

MORE READING!  Two naval officers shot dead in Kogi (Graphic photos)

Jalige said,

“I will try and get in touch with our men there and get more details and then get back you.”

Continue Reading




Trending