Connect with us

Sports

Nigeria’s Rinsola Babajide wins Liverpool Women’s Player of the Month award

Published

Rinsola Babajide

Nigerian player, Rinsola Babajide has won the Liverpool Women’s team player of the month award for the month of January, the club has announced on its official website.

Babajide, who can represent Nigeria as well as England due to her dual citizenship, started all the three matches played by Liverpool last month, scoring four goals all of which came against Blackburn Rovers Ladies in an 8-1 win.

MORE READING!  10 key allegations brought against Magu

The 21-year-old, a natural winger who can also play as a central striker, said:

“I’m really honoured to be Player of the Month and thanks to all the fans that voted.

“I feel like our performances have been getting better all the time and two back-to-back wins show that. Now we need another three points and that would be massive for us.”

“It was the volley [past Blackburn] for me, though I’m not sure which one the fans enjoyed most,” she said about her favourite career goal.

“We just needed to hit the back of the net because we’ve been playing well without scoring so it’s a confidence boost for all of us.”

Sports

Season over for Liverpool’s inspirational captain

Published

on

Liverpool captain Jordan Henderson will play no further part in the champions’ bid for Premier League records with his knee injury ruling him out of the rest of the season.

Klopp confirmed that the skipper will not be able to feature again this campaign, but will not require surgery and should be fit again for next season.

He will also be there to lift the Premier League trophy against Chelsea on July 22 as the Reds finally end their 30-year wait to be crowned champions.

“Hendo is the best possible of all bad news: it is a knee injury but no surgery needed,” said Klopp. “He will not play any more in the latter stages of this season but I am pretty positive he will start with us the new season. It was an awful moment when he went down with injury. In Germany, we would call him an animal as he deals with pain so well.

“You saw he knew something happened which shouldn’t have happened. Everyone felt for him. It was a real mood killer.

“We were all concerned when we saw him going down and he left the pitch and when we got the news it was a big relief for all of us.

“It is not cool but it is the best we could get, Hendo is a quick healer and he will be back soon.

“But he deserves to lift the trophy and he will lift the trophy.”

MORE READING!  Deaconess arrested for allegedly lighting up ward's vagina, inserting hot sticks before rubbing pepper in it (Photos)
Continue Reading

Sports

Tiger Woods announces plans to return to PGA Tour next week

Published

on

Tiger Wood

Tiger Woods will make his first PGA Tour start since February at next week’s Memorial Tournament.

The 15-time major winner pulled out of the Players Championship in March with a back injury before the coronavirus shutdown.

Professional men’s golf in the US has resumed behind closed doors and Woods is set to resume his season in Ohio from 16-19 July.

“I’ve missed going out and competing with the guys,” said Woods, 44.

“I can’t wait to get back out there.”

Woods, who has won the Memorial Tournament five times, finished 68th in his last PGA Tour appearance at the Genesis Open in February.

MORE READING!  Two-year-old girl raped while in hospital's coronavirus isolation ward

He last played publicly in a charity match that saw him and Peyton Manning beat Phil Mickelson and Tom Brady in an event that raised $20m (£16.4m) for coronavirus relief efforts in the United States.

Tiger Woods is aiming to defend the Masters title he won for a fifth time in 2019 when the rescheduled tournament takes place from 12-15 November at Augusta National.

MORE READING!  EPL: Pogba names four Man Utd players he loves watching

The rearranged USPGA Championship is now set to be the first major of the year in San Francisco from 6-9 August and the US Open is to be played at Winged Foot in New York State from 17-20 September, while the Open Championship has been cancelled.

Continue Reading

Sports

Victor Moses shows off his new look after getting rid of his trademark dreadlocks (Photo/Video)

Published

on

 

The 29-year-old Nigerian footballer who plays as a winger for Inter Milan, on loan from Premier League club Chelsea took to Instagram to show off his new haircut after getting a clean trim from celebrity barber, Ahmed Alsanawi of AStarBarbers.

See his new look below:

MORE READING!  Steven Gerrard once tore penis during a match so badly it left doctor shocked
Continue Reading




Trending