Connect with us

Sports

Saha names the only player who can save Manchester United from total collapse

Published

There is only one person that can save Manchester United from the doldrums and former France international, Louis Saha, has identified the player.

According to Saha, that one player is his former teammate, Cristiano Ronaldo.

Saha and Ronaldo had played together for five seasons at Old Trafford, winning the League in 2006/07 and 2007/08 seasons.

MORE READING!  Lille to fly Osimhen home in private jet for father's burial rites

While Saha retired in 2013, Ronaldo is still going strong for Juventus and Portugal at the age of 34 – scoring his 700th career goal in defeat by Ukraine on Monday.

“All I can say to you frankly that I appreciate Cristiano, even more, today seeing him play with Juventus because the guy is way older than when I first met him and played with him,” Saha told Compare.bet.

“What he does right now as a football player; it is insane. He is more obsessed than anybody I have seen.

“Even van Nistelrooy was not in his league in the way that he is acting in front of goal.

“To see him back at United would be more than a dream because I’m sure that he would have a massive impact. Maybe fewer goals, but it would be amazing.”

Sports

Odion Ighalo set to leave Manchester United

Published

on

Odion Ighalo set to leave Manchester United

Manchester United’s attempts to extend Odion Ighalo’s loan deal has hit a brick wall, according to SportsMail.

The six-month agreement expires in just one week.

Shanghai Shenhua have rejected United’s requests to keep Ighalo at Old Trafford for another three months.

The Chinese Super League have asked Ighalo, to rejoin the club to prepare for the start of the delayed season.

MORE READING!  La Liga: Resumption date for Spanish top-flight league finally revealed

Unless United can make a late breakthrough in negotiations, Ighalo will return to Shanghai when his loan ends next Monday.

READ ALSO: My childhood friend who forgot me once he became famous- Man calls out Kelechi Iheanacho

The 30-year-old scored four goals in eight matches before the COVID-19 shutdown and resumed training with the United squad at Carrington last week.

MORE READING!  Lille to fly Osimhen home in private jet for father's burial rites

Although he would prefer to finish the season in England, Shanghai have the final say and are determined to get Ighalo back.

 

Continue Reading

Sports

My childhood friend who forgot me once he became famous- Man calls out Kelechi Iheanacho

Published

on

My childhood friend who forgot me once he became famous- Man calls out Kelechi Iheanacho

A social media user who seems to have been a childhood friend of Nigerian football star, Kelechi Iheanacho has disclosed how the football star forgot about him once he became famous.

The user identified as Godswill Uche revealed how they grew up together in the same neighbourhood in Owerri, Imo state.

He said, “We played the street balls together under the rain and scorching sun. We attended the same primary school; Unique Nursery and primary school Umualum Nekede No 4 b/stop as at then but has relocated to a new site now. We did almost everything together but today grace has found you and you’ve risen and clapped your way into the corridors of fame and stardom, you’re now a celebrity not just in Nigeria but all over the world.”

Bala towards the end of his story urged stars not to forget the people who were with them before they rose to stardom.

“Don’t call them lazy, poor or feel irritated when you see them coming to you. We all started from somewhere and grace found you,” he added.

READ ALSO: Lille to fly Osimhen home in private jet for father’s burial rites

See his story below;

MORE READING!  81-year-old former Inter Milan coach Luigi Simoni dies

Continue Reading

Sports

Lille to fly Osimhen home in private jet for father’s burial rites

Published

on

Leicester afraid of losing Osimhen to Juve, Inter

The Nigeria Football Federation [NFF] is among those who have condoled the Super Eagles striker Victor Osimhen over the death of his father.

The Lille striker announced the passing of his father on his Twitter handle after reports emerged that Mr. Patrick Osimhen, 80, died in Lagos on Saturday night following a brief illness.

President of the Nigeria Football Federation, Amaju Pinnick, in a press statement, said he had reached out to the player following the outbreak of the sad news, and he assured the former U-17 World Cup winner of the empathy and support of the country’s football family at this challenging moment for the youngster and his family.

MORE READING!  Covid-19: Two people from different EPL clubs tests positive

Pinncik revealed that his French side Lille had promised to provide a private jet that would convey the player home from Europe for the burial.

“I have spoken to Victor Osimhen and expressed the sorrow of the NFF and the entire Nigerian Football family. His club, Lille OSC of France have given him a private aircraft to come to Nigeria to be with his family and probably for the burial rites. We have applied for landing permit but we are yet to get this. However, we are still on it and hopeful for the sake of the young lad.

“The loss of either parent is usually a moment of heartbreak for anyone. We condole with Victor (Osimhen) at this moment and pray that God will grant his late father eternal rest, while also granting the family the fortitude to bear the great loss.”

Continue Reading




Trending