Connect with us

Nigeria Update

Second Covid-19 death: Imo quarantines hotel guests, staff

Published

COVID 19: Imo releases quarantined hotel guests, workers

The Imo state government has quarantined guests and staffers of Fancy hotel, located at Road 19, Umuguma, Owerri, the state capital.

Governor Hope Uzodinma had ordered the shutting down of the hotel after its owner, Chrisoganus Osuagwu, died in Abuja after testing positive for coronavirus.

Osuagwu had visited the hotels and his hometown, Obohia community, Ahiazu Mbaise Local Government Area of the state before going back to Abuja where he died of the virus.

He recently returned from abroad, where he allegedly contracted the virus.

The state commissioner for information and strategy, Declan Emelumba, told our correspondent in Owerri on Tuesday that all the staff and guests of the hotel had been quarantined.

MORE READING!  COVID-19: Anambra to fine face masks defaulters N10,000

He said that though the hotel owner died in Abuja, the state government was taking proactive measures to ensure that the state was safe.

The information commissioner said the quarantining period would last for 14 days.

According to Emelumba, the state government in conjunction with the National Center for Disease Control were collaborating to ensure that all contact cases of the deceased were closing being monitored.

MORE READING!  COVID-19: Bauchi deputy governor tests positive

He said that the state government was taking care of the staff and guests, including their feedings.

The information commissioner said,

” the governor ordered the shutting of the hotel and all the staff and guests are being quarantined in the hotel. The government is taking care of their feedings.

” They are being quarantined for a period of 14 days. If at the end of the 14 days they did not show any symptom related to coronavirus, the state government will allow them to go.

” The Imo state government is taking these measures to ensure that the state is safe and the guests and staffers too are safe. We are working closely with all the relevant stakeholders, including NCDC to ensure that we defeat this virus.

” Nobody can say for sure the number of people who are being quarantined in the hotel. Nobody is allowed to go into the hotel. The truth is that all the staff and guests who were in hotel when the deceased visited had been quarantined. “

News

JUST IN: Nigeria records 348 coronavirus cases, total now 11,166

Published

on

Nigeria has recorded new Coronavirus cases with the NCDC announcing 348 new cases of Coronavirus in Nigeria.

Newsone Nigeria reports that the Nigeria Centre for Disease Control (NCDC) confirmed 348 new Coronavirus cases in a tweet on the micro-blogging site, Twitter on Wednesday evening, June 2.

This burgeoning online news platform understands that the NCDC noted that of the 348 COVID-19 cases recorded on Wednesday evening, 163 were detected in Lagos, Nigeria’s commercial city, FCT-76 Ebonyi-23 Rivers-21 Delta-8 Nasarawa-8 Niger-8 Enugu-6 Bauchi-5 Edo-5 Ekiti-5 Ondo-5 Gombe-5 Benue-4 Ogun-2 Osun-1 Plateau-1 Kogi-1 Anambra-1, southeast Nigeria.

MORE READING!  Lagos records 17 COVID-19 related deaths in two days

To be continued……

Continue Reading

Nigeria Update

COVID-19: Anambra to fine face masks defaulters N10,000

Published

on

The Anambra State Government will fine any resident who fails to wear a face mask the sum of N10,000.

This was disclosed by Governor Willie Obiano in a state-wide broadcast to the people of the state.

Obiano also warned traders in the state to keep to the COVID -19 rules or he would shut down the market again.

He said,

“We have 69 individuals on home quarantine and two individuals in the facility based quarantine.

“We shall continue to push back at this pandemic until we have reduced its presence in Anambra State.

“We are ramping up our testing capacity to ensure that we slow down the spread of this pandemic in our dear state.

“The Covid-19 Committees that we have set up in wards and local governments across Anambra State are helping us in driving the campaign to every nook and cranny of the state.

He said he had signed the COVID-19 Bill into law, adding that it was now an offence to be seen in the public without a face mask.

MORE READING!  British parliament resumes physical voting amid COVID-19 fears

“The offence attracts a fine of N10,000 or some hours of community service. I would like to re-emphasize that my administration is determined to enforce this law, adding

“The information we received from different quarters indicate that our people have started lowering their guard on the COVID-19 protocols.

“I have it on good authority that traders in various markets no longer comply with the enforcement of the wearing of face masks and the washing of hands.

” I want to warn that we may consider shutting down the markets if this trend is not halted with immediate effect.

“I have also received similar reports from churches and other religious groups in the state most of whom have discarded the wearing of face masks.

” I urge the leadership of all religious bodies in Anambra State to ensure compliance with the standard protocols of COVID-19 without further delay.”

Continue Reading

General

COVID-19: Bauchi deputy governor tests positive

Published

on

COVID-19: Bauchi deputy governor tests positive

The Deputy Governor of Bauchi state, Mr Baba Tela, has tested positive to the novel Coronavirus, a statement issued by the state government revealed on Wednesday.

The statement, signed by  Mr Muktar Gidado, Senior Special Assistant (SSA) on media to the state governor, indicated that test by Nigeria Centre for Disease Control (NCDC) confirmed the development.

According to Gidado, Tela, who is also the Chairman, State Task Force Committee on COVID-19, was tested after exhibiting noticeable symptoms of the virus, adding that all his primary contacts had been taken for screening.

“This is to inform the general public that His Excellency, Sen. Baba Tela, Deputy Governor of Bauchi State, was confirmed positive of Coronavirus.

“The confirmation was sequel to a test carried out on him by NCDC when he exhibited noticeable symptoms of the disease.

“He contracted the disease while discharging his onerous responsibility as Chairman of the State Committee on COVID-19.

READ ALSO: NDDC says late finance director died of COVID-19

“Consequently, he has gone into self-isolation in Bauchi and health professionals are properly managing his situation.

“Similarly, samples of all his primary contacts have been taken by NCDC for tests and they are advised to remain in isolation pending the outcome of their results,” Gidado said.

The SSA further stressed that Gov. Bala Mohammad had sympathised with his deputy and solicited for prayers from all for his speedy recovery.

MORE READING!  100-year-old woman recovers from Coronavirus in Indonesia

He said that the governor also called on the citizens to adhere strictly to the protocols against the dreaded virus to curtail its spread in the State.

Newsmen report that Bauchi state, as at Tuesday, June 2, had recorded a total 241 cases of COVID-19, out of which 221 had been discharged while eight had died.

MORE READING!  JUST IN: Nigeria records 416 new cases, total now 10, 578

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

NAN

 

Continue Reading




Trending