Connect with us

Metro

Single lady contacts STD, gets caught in attempt to procure fake urine test

Published

A single lady who reportedly contracted a Sexually Transmitted Disease, STD has been arrested in Lagos after she allegedly lured her neighbour’s seven-year-old girl and collected the girl’s urine for medical test to present to her new lover in order to deceive him to marry her.

According to reports the incident happened at Rafiu Jubrin Street, Ejigbo area of Lagos, where the lady identified as Godwin Gloria resided with the victim’s parents.

She was arrested by the Police operatives from Ejigbo Division led by CSP Olabisi Okuwobi under the suspicion that Gloria wanted to use the victim’s urine for ritual purposes but she denied and eventually confessed.

MORE READING!  I want to be Ned Nwoko's sixth wife, I'm a virgin too, Nigerian lady reveals

According to the residents,  Gloria lured the victim, Mesoma Collins, to her apartment and offered her N50. She then brought out a container and asked her to urinate inside it and warned her not to tell anyone about it.

The victim did and collected the money but went out and informed her mother about what happened. The girl’s mother then raised alarm but by then Gloria had already taken the urine to the laboratory for tests.

The matter was reported to the Police; Gloria was trailed and eventually arrested for the dastardly act before she opened up.

She reportedly said that she was into a relationship and contracted the STD, which she had tried to cure to no avail. She lamented that she had gone to many hospitals to treat it but after the treatment, it will still come back. And since then she had not been lucky with any relationship until recently when one of her friends wanted to connect her to a new lover.

MORE READING!  Five dead, two injured in Enugu road accident - FRSC

She said the new lover requested for a medical test to enable him  know her health status and since she knew that she had STD, she decided to collect the girl’s urine for a test in order to send the result to the new lover while she intensified efforts to treat the disease.

MORE READING!  Seven policemen die, 11 others injured in ghastly motor accident

However, the action has landed her in trouble as the Police had written a charge against her to be arraigned in Court for the conduct.

When newsmen visited the area, the residents expressed shock over what happened and suspected that Gloria might have used the girl’s urine for ritual purposes but she confessed to the Police why she did so.

At the Police Station, she was seen detained while undergoing interrogation over the act. A Police source said she will be charged to court after the conclusion of the investigation.

Metro

Father demands investigation after son drowns in Russia river

Published

on

Prof Amaechi Ndubueze, the father of an 18-year-old medical student, Knowledge Ndubueze, who died after drowning in a Russian River, has demanded an investigation into circumstances leading to the sad incident.

Ndubueze, an indigene of Obingwa Local Government Area of Abia, left to study medicine in 2018 at Yugoslavia State Medical University.

His father, a lecturer at the Michael Okpara University of Agriculture Umudike (MOUAU), received a call around 3:30 pm on July 9, informing them of his death.

“It was his guardian who stays at St Petersburg: another city different from Yugoslavia State, where the boy was studying that called to inform me about my son’s death. When I asked him what happened, he told me he was not there with him to actually say what happened.

MORE READING!  I couldn't control myself, Man who sodomised 11-year-old boy after taking herbs reveals

“But according to unverified source that spoke to him, the guardian, he learnt that the boy went for a picnic with others at a lake where the boy was said to have drowned and died instantly.”

Ndubueze suspected there could more to his son’s death than reported

“The news of my son’s death is rather unfortunate becaue we did not hear that he was sick as he has no previous sickness. So we suspect a foul play. We suspect that they are trying to use drowning to cover-up.

MORE READING!  My husband was okay with me hawking sex for money while heavily pregnant, lady recounts

“How can someone just call me and say Knowledge Uzochi Ndubueze is dead like that?

“We are pleading with the Federal Executive Council led by President Muhammadu Buhari, Governor Okezie Ikpeazu and Senators Enyinnaya Abaribe, Orji Uzor Kalu and Theodore Ahamefula to intervene and order investigation into this death as it is rather unfortunate.

“The chairman of Nigeria in Diaspora Commission Mrs. Dabire Abike Erewa, Nigerian Ambassador to Russia and other well meaning Nigerians should come to our help as we are helpless, there is definitely nothing we can do as this incidence is in far away Russia.

MORE READING!  JUST IN: Ex-senator, police officer kidnapped in Taraba

“My son’s movement to Russia is through right and appropriate means. He has his papers intact. His passport too and visa where legally processed.

“It was education that took him to Russia. The proper thing is for an investigation to be conducted into the circumstances surrounding his death and those culpable if any made to face the full weight of the law,” he said.

Continue Reading

Metro

Charcoal fume Kills two in Anambra (Photos)

Published

on

A Nigerian woman identified as Mrs Obiageli Ezeuboaja, and her house boy, Chikamso, have been killed in their sleep in Umuchiana village, Ekwulobia, Anambra State.

Her husband, Bernard Ezeuboaja, reported the incident on Wednesday at Aguata Police Station.

Bernard Ezeuboaja discovered that his wife one Obiageli Ezeuboaja aged 65 years and her house boy one Chikamso aged about 12 years slept and never woke up after he opened the door and saw their lifeless bodies.

MORE READING!  My husband was okay with me hawking sex for money while heavily pregnant, lady recounts

Following the report, Police detectives attached to Aguata division visited the scene and rushed victims to the hospital for medical attention but they were all certified death on arrival by a medical doctor.

Preliminary investigation revealed that the deceased set a charcoal fire in order to warm the room due to cold weather leaving all the windows closed and without ventilation.

MORE READING!  Police rescue soldiers kidnapped by Boko Haram

Meanwhile, the charcoal container was recovered as exhibit while corpses deposited at Ekwulobia hospital mortuary for autopsy.

An investigation is ongoing to ascertain the circumstances surrounding the incident.

See photos:

Continue Reading

Metro

B/Haram demands N20m ransom from blind man to free daughter, niece

Published

on

Boko Haram members are demanding a ransom of N20 million from a 75-year-old internally displaced blind man, Papa Jato Ndarfa before his daughter and niece will be released to him.

The traumatized blind old man who is currently living at the CAN Centre IDPs Camp Maiduguri told journalists that he has appealed to the insurgents to have mercy on him and release his daughter and niece as he could not to raise such amount of money being demanded.

The distraught old man narrated that his daughter, Lami Jato, 25 a graduate of Sir Kashim Ibrahim College of Education Maiduguri including his niece, Renita Bitrus were both abducted by some suspected Boko Haram terrorists two weeks ago at a farm in Tungushe, Magumeri Local Government area of Borno State alongside a tractor driver.

Tungushe is located along Maiduguri- Monguno road, just 15km, northeast from Maiduguri, the state capital.

Papa Jato informed that his children abductors made contact through his niece’s phone and requested for N20 million before his daughter, niece and the tractor driver will be released to him.

MORE READING!  SPIRIT-FILLED! Bride's wedding entrance in RCCG makes guests worship (Photos/Video)

The old man who fought with tear down his eyes lamented where and how he could raise such a huge amount of money to pay the terrorists but instead called on the insurgents to show mercy by releasing his children unconditionally.

He disclosed that his daughter Lami has remained the pillar of the family since 2014 when Boko Haram sacked their village and his three wives were missing up to this moment.

He added that Lami and his niece decided to engage in the farming venture so as to raise money for the sustenance of the family at the camp and his personal care as well.

His words:

“It was two of them, my daughter, Lami Jato and my niece, Renita Bitrus who is married with two children that were abducted by the Boko Haram. It is 15 days now from the day they were abducted when they went for farming in Tungushe, along Maiduguri-Monguno road.

“Initially they were 7 in number at the farm that were abducted. Five men, my daughter and my niece, but they later released four of the men and held one of the men, the tractor driver and my two children.

“I am not fighting or quarrelling with the Boko Haram, they are my children. I am appealing to them to please have mercy on me and release my daughter, niece and the tractor driver.

“I am a poor blind old IDP living in a Nylon House in a camp. There is no means of getting money to feed talk more of getting N20 million to offer. Please, my children, pity me and release the women who are also your sisters.

“I am also appealing to our hardworking Governor, Professor Babagana Umara Zulum to come to my aid and intervene. I should not be allowed to die of frustration from what I am facing now. The situation is terrible for me here,” Papa Ndarfa appealed.

Another appeal made by the old man was for the IDPs at the CAN Centre camp to be considered by State Emergency Management Agency ( SEMA ) and the National Emergency Management Agency ( NEM) for the distribution of food, stressing that, “it has been a long time we received food from SEMA and NEMA at this camp.”

MORE READING!  Police rescue soldiers kidnapped by Boko Haram

Papa Jato, an indigene of Gava from Gwoza Local Government while speaking on his journey to IDP camp in Maiduguri said they fled to Maiduguri when Boko Haram attacked their village in 2014 and killed over 100 villagers and burnt down several houses.

He added that since 2014 they have been living in the CAN Centre IDPs camp.

MORE READING!  Only jobless men give women 24 hours of their time- Mike Godson
Continue Reading




Trending