Connect with us

General

Sweden-based Zimbabwean transgender kicks out her Nigerian lover over alleged scam [Photos]

Published

transgender

A Sweden-based Zimbabwean transgender, Tatendah Karigambe, has taken to social media to shame her estranged Nigerian boyfriend over alleged deception and scam.

Karigambe, an HIV/AIDS activist, who has openly identified as a transgender took to her Facebook page to share details of how her love with Kelvin Ehigie hit the rock.

She said Kelvin was never in love with her but was only interested in using her to get papers to stay in Sweden.

Karigambe said she got wind of her ex-boyfriend’s deception when she searched his bags and found documents indicating that he had been declared wanted for a crime in Italy.

She claimed she has spent $10,000 on Kelvin since they met two months ago and promised not to give up in her search for a Nigerian who will genuinely love her.

She wrote:

“Kelvin and I are no longer together. I have ended it today and I have sent him packing BY FORCE. Just did my research and Kelvin was not in love with me,he wanted to use me to marry him because he didn’t have Swedish papers.

“He lied to me that he had Swedish permanent residency but I had a feeling of wanting to go through his things when he was bathing and I found out that he had an expired LMA card where by he was told to go back to Italy because he have a Dublin Case.

“I have attached the picture here .He was suppose to leave Sweden on the 31st of October 2019 going back to Italy.

“I have also attached the picture of the lady from Uganda called Goolyx who lives in Stockholm who he played and she said its ok for me to post her picture.

“I came to my senses when a Ugandan woman called Goolyx in Stockholm reached to me. This woman stayed with Kelvin for 3 weeks and Kelvin played the love card on her and ended up stealing an ipad for the lady and running away.

“So the woman told me to be just careful because Kelvin doesn’t love me but he’s after something. He was given 3 months to leave Sweden by the immigration so he had decided to use me as his next target to fool and use to get papers.

“He never stole from me but he just fooled me using the love card. I will do a live video when I have healed so that the other lady from Uganda who was played by Kelvin can join me and tell you herself.

“Ladies and Gentlemen if you see Kelvin run away because he’s very convincing. I spend almost 10 000 US dollars on him in 2 months we where together telling me that he was building a house for his family and said his mother is disabled and she need special medication .

“I did this out of love but little did I know that it was just a 419. But that will not stop me looking for love and I will continue searching for a loving Nigerian man because I still believe that there is an honest Nigerian man who is ready to love me the way I am.”

 

MORE READING!  COVID-19: Wife of Nigerian patient stranded abroad cry for help

transgender

General

Lagos 4th Mainland Bridge construction begins early 2021

Published

on

The Lagos State Deputy Governor, Dr Obafemi Hamzat, says the construction of Fourth Mainland Bridge will start in the first quarter of 2021.

Hamzat said this while discussing Gov. Babajide Sanwo-Olu/Dr Obafemi Hamzat’s administration in the last one year on an online show tagged: ”Covinspiration” on Tuesday.

Reports have it that the show was moderated by Dayo Israel, a UN Special Representative and British Council Global Change-maker.

Hamzat noted that the 4th Mainland bridge was central to the present administration as the state was aggressively pursuing various infrastructural renewal programme to make life abundant for the residents.

The deputy governor said the bridge was an important programme for the administration, saying that its completion would help break traffic gridlock and ease transportation in the state.

He said: “The project is key for our administration and we flagged the construction of regional roads within VGC two days ago, the project has been awarded to Hi-Tech Company.

“First Quarter of next year (2021), we will be able to start. Early next year, construction will start on the 4th Mainland Bridge.

“Regional Road is to be done for the survival of the Fourth Mainland Bridge to help us break away traffic from the Lekki-Epe Expressway. The regional road will increase the viability of the 4th Mainland Bridge.”

According to him, there is hope that by November or December, plans will have been concluded for work to begin.

MORE READING!  JUST IN:Nigeria records 553 new COVID-19 cases, total now 9,855

According to him, 32 Consultiums put in interest in the bid and the government had been able to reduce them to nine.

He described the project as huge, which would involve a lot of money, adding that the government was looking for partnerships with private organisations.

Hamzat, who noted that the government had been funding aggressively road infrastructure, said that the Lagos -Badagry Expressway would unlock the tourism potential in Badagry.

He assured that the administration will continue to grow better, especially in terms of infrastructure while also dealing with deficits.

Speaking on the management of traffic in the state, the deputy governor said that the administration had been able to reduce traffic lock jam by 15 per cent to 20 per cent.

“In order to expand roads and give room for free vehicular movements, we have been able to remove some of the roundabouts which include Allen Roundabout, Ikotun Roundabout, Lekki, Abraham Adesanya Roundabouts are all gone.

“We are fixing major roads and reducing traffic congestion and making sure that drainages are cleared,” he said.

Hamzat said that the government was committed to mass transportation, saying that Oshodi-Abule Egba, BRT corridor would soon commence for mass movement along the corridor.

MORE READING!  Ladies stop passing the night at men's houses, avoid getting raped, sports analyst advises

According to him, the government is also “funding aggressively” the Blue Line Rail for the mass movement of people.

He said that 600 buses procured by the government had been cleared at the port, saying that the government was also procuring small buses for its ‘Last Mile’ transport programme.

Hamzat said that the government was working to have the buses manufactured in the state to create employment for the residents.

On water transportation, Hamzat said that the government had procured ferries to move people along the waterways.

The deputy governor said that the Okada ban had not only reduced Okada-related accidents from about 21 monthly to one but had also reduced crime rates in the state.

“Before the ban, on the average of 21 lives were lost monthly to due to Okada accident but after the ban, it has reduced drastically to one.

“Crime has also reduced in the state, the NDLEA (The National Drug Law Enforcement Agency) report says that narcotics are transported through the use of Okada as a means of transportation.

“There was a need to ban Okada, especially at this period with the outbreak of COVID-19. There is no way one can maintain social distancing on Okada,” he said.

The deputy governor emphasised the need for data for efficient planning and delivery in the state, saying that data gathering would allow transparency, planning and efficient record keeping.

“It (data) is the new currency for us and it drives all that we are doing. We should be able to have a database in order to manage the citizens better. Data would help for proper planning and documentation purposes.

“For example in education, there is the need to check the number of population in each area in order to plan accordingly. It makes the system run faster and more efficiently.

“Data is key, that is why we are pushing LASRA(Lagos State Residents Registration Agency) to get information about our citizens. It is also necessary for us to have robust data governance and protection,” he said.

Continue Reading

General

Black Lives Matter reaches Paris as thousands join banned protest

Published

on

U.S. anti-racism protests

Thousands of people in Paris on Tuesday evening defied a ban to protest about the 2016 death of a young black man in police custody and alleged racism by security forces.

Many of the overwhelmingly young, racially mixed crowd bore slogans linked to the Black Lives Matter movement in the U.S., which has seen large protests in recent days after George Floyd, a black man, was killed by police last week.

The protest near the main Paris courts complex was called by the sister of Adama Traore, who died in 2016 after his arrest by gendarmerie police in a town north of Paris, and supporters.

The demonstration was at first overwhelmingly peaceful and good-humoured, but BFMTV television reported that some demonstrators later blocked the nearby Paris motorway ring road and lit fires before being dispersed by police.

MORE READING!  UNIBEN: 100 level student raped, killed, while reading in church (graphic Photos)

Police spokeswoman Laetitia Vallar told BFMTV that about 20,000 people took part in the protest.

Police wrote on Twitter that they were intervening because of “incidents on the margin of the #ForbiddenProtest#” and that demonstrators had been asked to disperse.

However, prominent human rights lawyer Arie Alimi, speaking on BFMTV, accused the police of provoking trouble by firing tear gas on peaceful protesters.

In the crowd, before trouble started, one protester, who gave his name as Cyril, said he was there because of the mistreatment of black people worldwide, “notably in the U.S. with the George Floyd case and in France with the Adama Traore case.”

According to Adama Traore’s sister Assa Traore and French media reports, forensic reports ordered by judges and by the Traore family have reached differing conclusions as to whether Adama Traore died because he was asphyxiated by three gendarmes forcing him to the ground or as a result of a pre-existing heart condition.

MORE READING!  Former NNPC GMD, Maikanti Baru, is dead

Paris police forbid the protest citing coronavirus restrictions that ban gatherings of more than 10 people.

They also argued that the “tone” of the protest call aroused fears of trouble in a sensitive location.

But as large numbers of young people headed towards the location, they appeared to content themselves with monitoring the crowd.

The protest comes amid ongoing controversy about alleged racist discrimination by French security forces, notably a series of alleged acts of police violence in poor suburbs during the country’s recent coronavirus lockdown.

Cyril told DPA that, as a black resident of a public housing estate in the Paris suburb of Boulogne, he had not personally suffered police violence but was frequently subjected to discriminatory checks and insults from police.

“The media won’t be able to close their eyes any more because there are more and more people who are aware of what’s going on,” the 30-year-old agency manager said, predicting a “snowball effect” from the protest.

Marches against police violence, racism and social injustice have gripped U.S. cities for the past week, with solidarity protests held in Britain, Germany, Ireland, Italy, Canada, Australia, and New Zealand, among other places.

MORE READING!  Covid-19: 103-year old survivor celebrates with cold beer

Around 2,500 people peacefully marched through the northern German city of Bremen on Tuesday evening, according to police at the event entitled “Justice for George Floyd.”

NAN

Continue Reading

General

British study suggests minorities more likely to die from coronavirus

Published

on

People from ethnic minority groups in Britain are up to twice as likely to die after being infected with coronavirus as members of the white majority, a government report said on Tuesday.

Allowing for demographic differences in age, class, income, and region, “people of Bangladeshi ethnicity had around twice the risk of death,” Public Health England reported.

The agency said that the death rate was up to 50 percent higher for “people of Chinese, Indian, Pakistani, other Asian, Caribbean, and another black ethnicity” compared with white British people.

MORE READING!  Mayweather offers to cover funeral costs for George Floyd

The British Medical Association (BMA), a trade union for doctors, said the report did not offer any insights into which actions could be taken to protect ethnic minorities and “missed the opportunity for looking at occupational factors.”

The health researchers were “not able to include the effect of occupation” in their analysis.

MORE READING!  Don seeks national re-orientation to stop incessant rape

Many of the nearly 200 British health staff who have died after coronavirus infections were from ethnic minorities.

“It is a statistical analysis, which while important, gets us no closer towards taking action that avoids harm to BAME communities,” said Chaand Nagpaul, chair of the BMA council.

BAME is an acronym used by the British government and other organizations for Black, Asian, and Minority Ethnic people.

“More specifically, the report fails to mention the staggering higher proportion of BAME healthcare workers who have tragically died from COVID-19 – with more than 90 percent of doctors being from BAME backgrounds,” Nagpaul said.

“Families are living in fear… The government must take urgent action to protect at-risk groups,” tweeted Labour’s David Lammy, one of Britain’s most prominent black politicians.

Continue Reading




Trending