Connect with us

Coronavirus

COVID-19: Taskforce impounds 51 cars, 46 motorcycles for lockdown violation in FCT

Published

The Joint Operation Task -Team for the Enforcement of Presidential Lockdown order on COVID-19 headed by the FCT Commissioner of Police, Bala Ciroma, has impounded 51, 46 motorcycles and nine tricycles in Abuja, for violating the lockdown directive.

The cars, tricycles and motorcycles, which were being used by their owners were confiscated by the enforcement units of the team at Nyanya, Dutse Alhaji, Karu, Jabi, Kado, Life-camp, Mpape, Zuba and other parts of the Federal Capital Territory.

MORE READING!  Lady harassed in moving bus speaks, says I was the only female on board

The FCT police spokesman, DSP Anjuguri Manzah, disclosed in a statement in Abuja on Saturday, that Ciroma warned that the seized vehicles would remain in police custody until the 14 days lockdown order is lifted by the Federal Government.

The CP also advised members of the public to be law-abiding and support the ongoing effort by the government to contain the spread of the COVID-19 pandemic.

MORE READING!  COVID-19: Lagos Catholic Archdiocese opposes continued closure of churches

The statement read, “Furthermore, FCT residents are enjoined to adhere strictly with the new guideline issued by the Presidential Task Force on COVID-19, which states that markets selling food in the neighbourhoods would open from 10 am to 2 pm every other day.

“In view of this, all FCT residents are expected to remain in their respective homes on Sunday, as violators will be arrested.”

In case of distress, the team advised the residents to call the FCT Police Command Control Room numbers, 08032003913, 08061581938, 07057337653 or 08028940883.

MORE READING!  Ogun records 34 new coronavirus cases, discharges four patients

Coronavirus

COVID-19: Ugandan PM goes into self-Isolation

Published

on

COVID-19: Ugandan PM goes into self-Isolation

Uganda’s prime minister on Friday said he went into a self-isolation after some of his contacts tested positive for COVID-19.

“I have gone into self-isolation after some of my contacts tested positive for COVID-19,” Ruhakana Rugunda said in a tweet.

“My own test result is negative, however, I have taken this decision as health recommended measure,” he added.

READ ALSO: FRSC redeploys 119 senior officers

Rugunda is also the head of Uganda’s COVID-19 national task force.

MORE READING!  COVID-19: Lagos Catholic Archdiocese opposes continued closure of churches

Uganda has so far confirmed 557 coronavirus cases, with no death and 82 recoveries, according to the US-based John Hopkins University.

Continue Reading

General

Covid-19: Bayelsa records third death

Published

on

Covid-19: Bayelsa records third death

The Bayelsa Task Force on COVID-19 has recorded the third death as the Covid-19 pandemic continues to ravage the world.

Chairman of the task force, Dr Inodu Apoku, announced this in a statement on Friday in Yenagoa.

Apoku said that the third death was from the nine new cases recorded by the state.

The National Centre for Diseases Control (NCDC) had on Thursday announced that nine new cases of COVID-19 were recorded in the state.

MORE READING!  WHO to resume trial of hydroxychloroquine on COVID-19

READ ALSO: COVID-19: Osun relaxes curfew, asks workers to resume

Apoku, also Permanent Secretary, State Ministry of Health said that the nine newly confirmed cases “bring the total number of confirmed cases in the state to 30.

“Four of out of these nine cases are contacts of previously confirmed cases while five are not epidemiologically linked to any of the previously confirmed cases.

“Three of the cases are health care professionals.

“One of these fresh unlinked cases was brought in critically ill and died a few minutes after admission.

“Following the history of the sickness, as was revealed by relatives, samples were collected for COVID-19 testing.

“She died as COVID-19 suspected cases.

“The test result returned positive, and as such, we have another COVID -19 related death making a total of three in the state.

“All remaining eight new cases have since been evacuated for further treatment at our isolation facilities,’’ Apoku said.

According to him, all their contacts are being listed and adequately followed up, including necessary environmental decontamination.

“Samples have and are still being collected from their high-risk contacts while they have all been counselled on self-quarantine.’’

Continue Reading

Nigeria Update

Governor Bello lifts lockdown, insists Kogi is COVID-19 free

Published

on

COVID-19: Bello orders two weeks total lockdown in Kabba/Bunu LGA

The lockdown imposed on Kabba-Bunu Local Government Area of the state over suspected cases of Coronavirus (COVID-19), has been lifted by the Kogi state government.

Governor Yahaya Bello who made the announcement at the Government House in Lokoja on Friday, June 5, said the decision of lifting the lockdown in the local government area was reached after samples which were tested came back negative.

MORE READING!  Fire guts Presidential Villa

The Governor who insisted that Kogi state still remains a COVID-19-free state urged residents of the state to observe protocols of the World Health Organisation (WHO) and the Nigeria Centre for Disease Control (NCDC) to curb the spread of the disease.

This is coming days after the NCDC announced that two Coronavirus cases were confirmed in the state. Dino Melaye also confirmed this by revealing that he knows one of the patients.

MORE READING!  37 health workers test positive for COVID-19 in Kaduna
Continue Reading




Trending