Connect with us

Metro

Three-year-old boy allegedly abducted from Anambra church

Published

A three-year-old boy has been allegedly stolen in a church in Anambra State.

According to reports, the incident happened on Sunday during in Umunze in the Orumba South Local Government Area of the State.

A source said that the boy attended the church service with the mother, but went to play with his peers but never returned.

“The church quickly mobilise when it became clear that something was amiss and searched the neighbourhood for the boy, to no avail. It’s obvious the was stolen. This is the second case of this type of incident in our vicinity,” the source said.

The spokesperson for the Anambra State Police Command, Haruna Mohammed confirmed the incident.

MORE READING!  35-year-old man allegedly kills four-year-old son

He said the command had declared the boy missing, with the intent to let the public assist in the search.

Mohammed added,

” On July 28, at about 1 pm, there was a report at Umunze Police Station by Rev Fr Basil Ezekeli of St Joseph Catholic Church Umunze that a male child of about 3 years, Chimdindu Oledibe(aka Bobo) who came for church service with his mother, one Mrs Charity Oledibe went out of the church unnoticed during Sunday mass service and got missing.

“Following the discovery that the child was, the church immediately organised a search party and the entire church premises was searched but to no avail.

“In view of the foregoing, you are kindly requested to disseminate this message through your medium to enable the quick rescue of the child.

“Anyone with useful information about the missing child should either contact the nearest police station, St Joseph Catholic Church Umunze or call PPRO Anambra State Police Command”.

Metro

Again, another building partially collapses in Lagos (Photos)

Published

on

Another building has partially collapsed in the Ikotun area of Lagos State on Saturday, July 11.

This coming barely 24 hours after a three storey-building collapsed in Lagos Island, killing three persons and leaving many others injured.

This was contained in a statement released by the Lagos State Emergency Management Agency LASEMA.

MORE READING!  Winners Chapel's Deaconess arrested for setting ward's [email protected] on fire, inserting hot sticks before rubbing pepper (Photos)

According to the statement, the one-storey building with nine shops and 15 rooms collapsed from the back of the building. Thankfully no life was lost or anyone injured in the incident.

The Director-General of the Lagos State Emergency Response Agency (LASEMA) disclosed that the building was found to be conspicuously distressed as many cracks were observed on the walls, pillars, and decking.

MORE READING!  Death of black teenager in US juvenile facility sparks outrage

He said all the occupants have been evacuated while the building has been cordoned off.

See Photos below;

Continue Reading

Metro

50-year-old man arrested alongside neighbour for allegedly having s3x with daughter

Published

on

A 50-year old man has been arrested after his 15-year old stepdaughter exposed him that he had been secretly sleeping with her as well as their 30-year-old neighbour, since 2019 in Lagos.

According to P.M.EXPRESS, the incident happened at Ibitoye Street, Ajegunle area of Lagos, where they reside.

It was gathered that both the stepfather identified as, Paul Nnadi, and their neighbour, Ayobamidele, were sleeping with the victim without each of them knowing until they were arrested over the dastardly act.

MORE READING!  Winners Chapel's Deaconess arrested for setting ward's [email protected] on fire, inserting hot sticks before rubbing pepper (Photos)

The matter eventually leaked when Ayobamidele was caught in the act by the stepfather, Paul and he raised alarm. The victim then opened up and implicated her stepfather accusing him as the one who started the sexual abuse before Ayobamidele joined.

This shocked their neighbours including his wife, who reported to the Police and the suspects were arrested. They were later transferred to the Gender Section of the Command for interrogation.

MORE READING!  Nigerian man commits suicide, blames stigmatization for his silence in scheduled tweets

During the investigation, the suspects admitted but insisted that they did not force her into it and that was why she did not reveal before it got exposed.
The Police found them culpable and then charged them before Ogba Magistrates Court for defilement which attracts several years of imprisonment if they are found guilty.

However, the Court did not take his plea after the prosecutor, Mr Christopher John, asked the Court to remand the suspects pending the outcome of the DPP’s advice.

MORE READING!  My uncle raped me, reveals Bauchi undergraduate abducted for her virginity 

The Presiding Magistrate, Mr P.E. Nwaka, ordered their remand in Correctional centre without an option of bail and directed the prosecutor to duplicate the file and send to the DPP for advice.

The matter was adjourned till 10th August 2020, while the suspects will remain in custody pending the outcome of the DPP’s advice which will determine if the matter will be transferred to the High Court or not.

Continue Reading

Metro

Gunmen attack two Kaduna villages, kill 20

Published

on

No fewer than 20 people have been reportedly killed by gunmen following an attack on Chibuak and Kigudu II communities in Kauru Local Government Area of Kaduna state.

The two villages were said to have been attacked consecutively on Thursday and Friday at midnight while some of the villagers were said to be missing.

In the attacks which took place Thursday and through to Friday midnight, scores of villagers in the two communities were said to be missing.

Again, the gunmen were said to have launched another attack on Kigudu ll when villagers were preparing for a mass burial for the deaths on Saturday but were repelled by security operatives.

MORE READING!  35-year-old man allegedly kills four-year-old son

Although the police in the state were yet to confirm the attacks, a Parish Priest of Damakasuwa Outstation, Reverend Father Aaron Tanko, confirmed the incidents, saying 20 people were killed while several other villagers, were missing.

Aaron, who overseers the two communities, said at Chibuak village, nine people were killed while 11 were killed in Kigudu II.

He said,

“The attacks took place on Thursday and Friday at midnight. Chibuak was attacked on Thursday and nine people were killed. They attacked Kigudu II on Friday night and killed 11 people.

“Some people are still missing so I cannot conclusively say this is the casualty figure. Some of those killed are my parishioners others are Protestants.

“We were preparing for the mass burial for our Parishioners this morning (Saturday) in Kigudu II but we could not do it when the herdsmen came attacking us again.

“But they were repelled by the security personnel. Nobody was killed or injured.

“We couldn’t even conduct proper mass burial, we just offered simple prayers and they were buried.

“There are villages where people cannot even go to their farms for fear of being killed by herdsmen.

“We appealed to government to addressed these incessant attacks on our communities and killings by herdsmen.”

When contacted as of the time of filing this report, the Kaduna State Command’s Public Relations Officer, ASP Mohammed Jalige said he was yet to received details on the attacks.

MORE READING!  Nigerian man commits suicide, blames stigmatization for his silence in scheduled tweets

Jalige said,

“I will try and get in touch with our men there and get more details and then get back you.”

Continue Reading




Trending