Connect with us

Metro

Photos: Truck driver hits two commercial buses in Lagos, flees leaving people for dead

Published

Eight passengers who sustained crucial injuries after an articulated vehicle rammed into two buses were on Wednesday night rescued by operatives of the Lagos State Rapid Response Squad (RRS).

A truck with registration number GGE886XB was said to have knocked the commercial buses around 11:48 pm at Berger on the outbound lane of Lagos-Ibadan Expressway.

Despite knowing it caused an accident and left people dead, the driver with his motor boy were said to have sped off without a care.

MORE READING!  Medical doctor jokes about rape, says women should 'wear agbada or caftan' [See WhatsApp Chat]

It was gathered that the full capacity buses were grounded with most of the passengers in pain and helpless.

Fortunately, a motorist plying that route who saw what happened, it was learnt, notified RRS men on patrol along that stretch who called for back up.

According to the police, a team stood by to assist the victims while another raced after the truck which was caught up with in front of Mountain of Fire and Miracles Ministry Camp, Ibafo, Ogun State.

“Just before the truck was brought to a halt, the truck boy, jumped out and escaped into the bush. The driver was arrested and brought back to the scene of the accident with his truck.

“He was thereafter handed over to Isheri Police Division for further investigation. Eight passengers who were critically injured in the accident were moved to Lagos State Emergency Hospital by the Lagos State Emergency Management Agency (LASEMA) officials for treatment,” said the police.

Metro

Mother in tears as her daughter, 4, narrates how she was raped by school teacher (video)

Published

on

A four-year-old nursery pupil has recounted how her uncle in school took her innocence and raped her repeatedly while in school.

The video which recently surfaced on the internet shows the little girl narrating her sad encounter with the rapist identified as Elias.

The four-year-old revealed how her school uncle, Elias usually assaulted her whenever she got to school, and how he manhandles her private part.
The mother of the rape victim, identified as Ayele Esther also shared details of her daughter’s encounter — she shared how her daughter sustained injuries on her private part due to the sexual assault.

Esther who broke into tears while narrating the ordeal of her daughter mentioned that the uncle usually lures her daughter with packets of sweets, and after raping her, he will warn her to keep quiet about the incident.

MORE READING!  JUST IN: Majek Fashek is dead

Social media users who saw this video have also advised mothers to be extra vigilant when it comes to their girl-child.

 

Watch the heart-rending video below;

 

Continue Reading

Metro

Suspected ritualists murder 78-year-old widow in Ekiti, drain her blood

Published

on

The Ekiti State Police Command on Wednesday confirmed the killing of a 78-year-old grandmother and widow by persons suspected to be ritual killers in Ikere Ekiti, Ikere Local Government Area.

The command’s Public Relations Officer (PPRO), ASP Sunday Abutu, who confirmed the incident, described it as “unfortunate and mysterious.”

Abutu said the investigation had begun into the case and that the Criminal Investigation Department had been directed to take over the matter.

He added that the corpse of the woman had been recovered and deposited in the morgue of the State Specialist Hospital in Ikere Ekiti.

MORE READING!  #JusticeForUwa: Police arrest one suspect (Video)

Sources in the locality had earlier told newsmen that the woman, Mrs Sabianah Aranilewa, was not only killed, but her blood was also drained and vital organs removed by the ritual killers.

Also confirming the reports, the deceased’s son, Mr Eyitope Aranilewa, said his mother had earlier gone missing on Friday, May 29, around 6: 45 a.m while washing clothes at her residence along Moshood road, Odo-Oja area of Ikere-Ekiti.

MORE READING!  JUST IN: Nigeria records 416 new cases, total now 10, 578

He said his mother’s friend referred to as Mrs Ojolo first raised the alarm and organised a search party, but efforts to find her proved abortive until 4.00 p.m. when her corpse was found inside a stream with her throat slit and other vital organs removed.

“On that fateful day, I got a distress call that my mother was missing. It was my mother’s friend, Mrs Ojolo who resides within a short distance from her shop that raised the alarm when she did not see her in the shop

“The matter was immediately reported at the police station, but it was not long that information came that her body had been located at a place not far from the home.

“She was slaughtered like a goat and the corpse dumped in a shallow stream, flowing through the back of her home,” he said.

Continue Reading

Metro

Boko Haram : Army kills three commanders, others in Borno

Published

on

Boko Haram : Army kills three commanders, others in Borno

Troops of Operation Lafiya Dole have killed three Boko Haram commanders and 67 other fighters during counter-attacks in Firgi/Banki the axis of Borno state.

The commanders’ neutralization at “Banki junction failed attack,” includes Manzar Halid, Amir Abu Fatima and Nicap among 70 terrorists killed by Army.

Those killed in attack include Manzar Halid, Amir Abu Fatima and Nicap among others, seventy-two members of the sect were also neutralised.

Coordinator Defence Media Operation, Maj-Gen. John Enenche Wednesday in Maiduguri said, “Other high ranking fighters include; Abu Jamratu AL-Naweer, Kaka Bana and Tareta Babakari, were also severely wounded with slim chances of surviving.”

READ ALSO: Kaduna: Nine killed in fresh attack

He said the failed attack on troops’ location occurred at Banki Junction and within the Response Firgi Area of 7 Division strike group.

On how terrorists were killed, he said: “Troops of Operation LAFYA DOLE carried out a counter-attack against the terrorists on May 26, 2020.

“After the attack, human intelligence confirmed the death of some high ranking commanders of the Abubakar Shekau’s faction of Boko Haram.

“Additionally, Seventy-two (72) members of the sect were also neutralised. Others wounded with slim chances of survival include some high profile Commanders and other fighters namely.”

He added that a large number of their equipment including gun trucks, motorcycles and bicycles were destroyed by troops.

MORE READING!  Female NYSC member reportedly slumps, dies in River state

He said the destruction was in collaboration with the Air Task Force during Boko Haram/ISWAP fighters’ withdrawal which was in disarray.

According to him, the blockade of their spy routes, networks, crossing points and logistics supplies had further crippled the terrorists.

He said that the blockade has limited terrorists’ freedom of movement and action to troops’ advantages.

MORE READING!  Two policemen indicted over killing of 17-year-old girl in Lagos

The Chief of Army Staff, Lt-Gen. Tukur Buratai also congratulated gallant troops for their resilience, courage and dedication to end security challenges in Northeast.

Continue Reading




Trending