Connect with us

General

Two coronavirus patients disappear from isolation centre in Oyo

Published

Two COVID-19 patients out of the 33 active cases being managed in isolation centre in Oyo state have absconded, Governor Seyi Makinde said on Wednesday.

The governor said this in a tweet on Wednesday while giving situation update of the pandemic in the state.

According to Makinde, the patients possibly may have absconded to their permanent places of residence.

The governor, who chairs the State COVID-19 TaskForce, said that the two escapees were among the 33 active cases being managed by the state, saying the development has brought the number of active cases in Oyo state to 31.

MORE READING!  It has been 365 days of excellence – Kwara 1st Lady

He further tweeted:

“Ten cases are self-isolating while 21 cases are being managed in the isolation centres in Oyo state.

“One at the University College Hospital, Ibadan and 20 at Infectious Disease Centre, Olodo, Ibadan; 19 of these 20 cases at Olodo are asymptomatic while the last person has anosmia – loss of smell.”.

On the results of five suspected cases that came back positive on Tuesday, Makinde disclosed that four of them were travellers from the northern part of the country while the last one is a resident of Oyo state.

MORE READING!  JUST IN: 268 Nigerians arrive in Abuja from China

The governor also revealed that a total of 975 samples have so far been collected and were being processed.

He urged the general public to call the emergency operations centre if they found travellers from other states arriving in your neighbourhood.

The numbers are 08095394000, 08095863000, 08078288999 or 08078288800.

(NAN)

General

Drivers exchange blow at Berger area of Abuja (Photos)

Published

on

Drivers exchange blow at the Berger area of Abuja on Monday.

See photos below:

Photo Olatunji Obasa

MORE READING!  Labour, Civil Society flays deduction of salaries of workers, pensioners by Kaduna Govt, other States
Continue Reading

General

Covid-19: Ondo records two new deaths

Published

on

Covid-19: Ondo records two deaths

Two new COVID-19 related deaths have been recorded in Ondo State.

Governor of Ondo State,  Oluwarotimi Akeredolu, made the disclosure on his verified Twitter handle on Monday.

According to Akeredolu, three new confirmed cases of the deadly virus were also recorded.

With the two new deaths, the total number of deaths recorded in the state now stands at four.

MORE READING!  JUST IN: 268 Nigerians arrive in Abuja from China

While revealing that the two patients who were part of the three new cases discovered passed on at the University of Medical Sciences Teaching Hospital, UNIMEDTH, Ondo town, Ondo State.

READ ALSO: COVID-19: Bello orders two weeks total lockdown in Kabba/Bunu LGA

The governor’s tweet reads, “Today, we recorded three new cases and an unprecedented number of deaths from #COVID19Nigeria in Ondo State.

“Two of the new cases passed on at UNIMED in Ondo town this morning. The third case is currently at the IDH in Akure undergoing treatment,” Akeredolu tweeted.

 

MORE READING!  Labour, Civil Society flays deduction of salaries of workers, pensioners by Kaduna Govt, other States
Continue Reading

General

Dumitru Comanescu: World’s oldest man reveals secret to his long life

Published

on

Dumitru Comanescu: World’s oldest man,111, reveals secret to his long life

The new world’s oldest man, Dumitru Comanescu, aged 111 years and 203 days old, has revealed his personal recipe to long life.

The Romanian super-centenarian was born on 8 November 1908 in Proviţa de Jos, Drăgăneasa commune, in the county of Prahova.

The Guinness World Records have confirmed his status as the world’s oldest man after Bob Weighton, who was 112 years old, died from cancer.

MORE READING!  COVID-19: Yahaya Bello orders total lockdown of Kogi communities

‘I feel honoured and blessed to be, officially, the oldest man in the world and to represent Romania at the highest level! It’s incredible!’ Daily Mail quoted Comanescu as saying in an interview.

READ ALSO: Covid-19: 103-year old survivor celebrates with cold beer

He went on to reveal that the secret of his long life was the love of his wife, sons, and grandchildren and told fans that ‘I hope you will outgrow me’.

Comanescu graduated from university in 1933 and worked as an agricultural engineer and in plant pathology for 70 years.

MORE READING!  21 Covid-19 patients discharged from Oyo isolation centre

Comanescu currently lives at the Bucharest Center for Seniors.

Continue Reading




Trending