Connect with us

Sports

Tyson Fury tongue-lashes Anthony Joshua over unfulfilled sparring offer

Published

Heavyweight Tyson Fury has lashed out in the direction of Anthony Joshua.

Joshua, who holds the IBF, WBA, WBO, IBO world heavyweight titles, made a public offer to assist Fury as a sparring partner.

Fury is in training for his upcoming rematch with WBC heavyweight champion Deontay Wilder. The rematch with Wilder takes place on February 22 at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas.

Fury quickly accepted Joshua’s offer to become a sparring partner – but then there was no word from Joshua or his handlers.

MORE READING!  JUST IN: Aubameyang, Giroud to start in FA Cup final

The proposal was strange from the very start because Fury and Joshua could potentially face each other in the next twelve months.

“They offered hot air as usual. I accepted. They haven’t turned up, take what you want from it, that’s it. Joshua’s nothing like Wilder but I’d like to bring him over and give him a good hiding anyway. But they’re not going to come, let’s face it,” Fury told BoxingScene.com.

“They’re not going to come over and get beat up in sparring. It was just a stupid offer at a stupid time – wasn’t thinking, I accepted straight away, me being me, and that was it. I don’t read into it too much, he ain’t coming, simple as. He ain’t got the bollocks to turn up and spar, end of.”

Last month in Saudi Arabia, Joshua’s career got back on track when he boxed his way to a twelve round unanimous decision over Andy Ruiz in their rematch.

MORE READING!  Everton to sign 36-year-old former Chelsea defender, Ivanovic

Fury was not impressed.

“I don’t think it was a great performance. I thought it was a hit and run, sh-thouse style, coward. Every time he stood still Andy rocked him to his boots. But it was what it was. He got the decision, fair play. On to the next one,” Fury said.

Sports

Man City the ‘perfect place’ for Ferran Torres, says Txiki Begiristain

Published

on

Manchester City director of football Txiki Begiristain said the club had been tracking Ferran Torres for some time and backed him to reach the “next level” under Pep Guardiola.

“We have followed Ferran’s progress closely and have been very impressed,” he said.

“He is young and still developing, but his technical qualities are exactly what we are looking for in a winger.

“He is quick, direct, can create space with one movement and is capable of producing match-winning moments.

“I feel this is the perfect place for him to develop and with Pep in charge he can take his game to the next level.”

City have moved quickly to find a replacement for Leroy Sane after the Germany international moved to Bayern Munich in a deal worth an initial €49m (£45m/$58m) earlier in the summer.

MORE READING!  Emmanuel Adebayor names 'best coach in history of football' but it's not Wenger

Guardiola is expected to follow up the signing of Torres with the addition of Bournemouth defender Nathan Ake in the coming days in a deal worth £40m ($52m), with a potential further £1m in add-ons.

Torres becomes City’s first major signing of the summer following deals for Juventus forward Pablo Moreno, Brazilian full-back Yan Couto from Coritiba and Burkina Faso defender Issa Kabore from Mechelen.

MORE READING!  Everton to sign 36-year-old former Chelsea defender, Ivanovic

City are expecting a busy summer as they try to close the gap on Premier League champions Liverpool and are likely to add another central defender and forward before the transfer window closes.

Continue Reading

Sports

Former Arsenal manager, Unai Emery,  targets Guendouzi

Published

on

Former Arsenal manager Unai Emery will offer Matteo Guendouzi a route out of the Emirates by trying to sign him for Villarreal.

Emery was in charge when Guendouzi signed for Arsenal, with the club now looking to move the French midfielder on after disciplinary issues saw him fall out of favour with Mikel Arteta.

Arsenal had hoped to use Guendouzi in a part-exchange with Barcelona for Philippe Coutinho, but according to Standard Sports Barca are not interested in the Frenchman.

MORE READING!  Pedro undergoes surgery for shoulder injury

So, as Foot Mercato reports, Villarreal could be an option for the 21-year-old.

While there only appears to be a handful of Arsenal fans who want to see Guendouzi stay, it does seem that plenty of supporters have one particular problem with the report.

Guendouzi’s stock remains high. He looks to be an extremely talented player with a bright future ahead of him. And Foot Mercato notes that he has been linked with Barcelona in this window.

MORE READING!  Aribo wins Glasgow Rangers’ Young POTY

Therefore, several fans are imploring Arsenal to not sanction a loan move this summer. At the very least, they want to see Emery agree to an obligation to buy rather than an option.

Arteta may have to work with a modest budget during the coming weeks. So Arsenal arguably cannot afford to let any high-value players leave on loan.

MORE READING!  Aubameyang double helps Arsenal beat Chelsea for 14th FA Cup title

The fans are urging the club to move Guendouzi on permanently. And if a loan is the best they can do, they want Emery to commit to keeping him at the end of the season.

Continue Reading

Sports

Cristiano Ronaldo, girlfriend spotted on romantic date (Photos)

Published

on

Cristiano Ronaldo and girlfriend, Georgina Rodriguez, have been spotted enjoying a dinner date with friends in Portofino, Italy.

The couple were pictured with some friends enjoying a candlelit dinner at the ‘La Langosteria’ near the small fishing village of Portofino, with the Portuguese captain donning a pair of grey trousers and a navy t-shirt which he matched with white sneakers, while his partner rocked a tight blue dress with white heels.

MORE READING!  Emmanuel Adebayor names 'best coach in history of football' but it's not Wenger

The couple were joined for dinner by fellow Portuguese star, Jose Semedo, who played with Ronaldo at Sporting Lisbon.

See photos below:

Continue Reading




Trending