Connect with us

Coronavirus

UK Govt issues new lockdown rules, says s*x with someone you don’t live with now Illegal

Published

Dutch government advises single people to find lockdown ‘sex buddies’

UK citizens have been banned from having sex with anyone outside of their own household under new coronavirus lockdown legislation rolled out by the Government.

The UK government on Monday, June 1, introduced new measures that ban people from socialising indoors with anyone not already in their household.

The new regulation reads:

“No person may participate in a gathering which takes place in a public or private place indoors, and consists of two or more persons.”

Previously, anyone who goes inside another person’s home would be breaching the lockdown rules but now both persons could be prosecuted under the new amendment to The Health Protection (Coronavirus, Restrictions) Regulations 2020 bill, that was tabled before Parliament on Monday.

MORE READING!  Police Service Commission dismisses 10 officers, demotes eight others

According to the new rules, only those with ‘reasonable excuses’ will be allowed to meet privately indoors, which does not include meeting up to have sex.

Reasonable excuses include jogging or exercising for elite athletes, movement of vulnerable people and key or essential workers.

Other people that can give reasonable excuses include people that meet in a private space for childcare, separated parents who live in different households seeing their children, people providing emergency assistance and those attending a funeral.

MORE READING!  Covid-19: Only private schools that meet laid down conditions will resume- Ekiti govt

Police forces in the UK have been told to disperse any large groups and use fines and arrests ‘where appropriate’ as a last resort – but they can only ‘direct’ someone to go home and have ‘no powers’ to remove someone by force, the National Police Chiefs’ Council (NPCC) and College of Policing have said in a joint paper.

MORE READING!  JUST IN: FG forgiveS radio, TV stations of N7.8bn debt

Their advice to officers also makes clear that the new coronavirus guidelines /laws ‘provide no power of entry.’ Downing Street has also been clear that police do not have the power to enter gardens to check party numbers.

The new regulations come after a study by researchers at the universities of Anglia Ruskin and Ulster, showed six in 10 Britons have gone without having sexual activity during the lockdown.

 

Advertisement
Click to comment

News

COVID-19 cases in Nigeria hits more than 30,000 with 460 new cases

Published

on

The  Nigeria Centre for Disease Control (NCDC) has announced 460 new cases of COVID-19, bringing the total number of confirmed cases in the country to 30,249.

Also, the death toll from the virus has hit 684, as 15 new deaths were reported on Wednesday.

There was a drop in the number of confirmed cases reported Wednesday compared to what was reported on Tuesday (503).

The health agency in a tweet said the 460 new cases were reported in 21 states including Lagos, Rivers, Oyo, Delta, Federal Capital Territory (FCT), Anambra, Kano, Plateau, Edo, Bayelsa, Enugu, Osun, Kwara, Borno, Ogun, Kaduna, Imo, Bauchi, Gombe, Niger, and Adamawa.

All the reporting states already had at least a case of the virus.

As of the time of reporting, all 36 states and the FCT have recorded at least a case of the disease.

Lagos State remains the epicentre for the disease with the highest number of confirmed cases and deaths in the country, while Zamfara has not reported any new confirmed case in the past 51 days.

MORE READING!  Police Service Commission dismisses 10 officers, demotes eight others

The other five states with the highest number of confirmed cases are FCT, Oyo, Edo, Delta, and Kano State.

The 460 new cases were reported from 21 states: Lagos – 150, Rivers – 49, Oyo – 43, Delta – 38, FCT – 26, Anambra – 20, Kano – 20, Plateau – 18, Edo – 14, Bayelsa – 13, Enugu – 13, Osun – 12, Kwara – 10, Borno – 8, Ogun – 7, Kaduna – 6, Imo – 4, Bauchi – 3, Gombe – 3, Niger – 2 and Adamawa – 1.

Continue Reading

General

COVID-19: Adamawa Govt fixes Aug. 4 for schools’ resumption

Published

on

The Adamawa Government has fixed Aug. 4, 2020, as the resumption date for students in primary six, as well as Junior  Secondary Schools (JSS) and Senior Secondary Schools (SSS) students that will be writing their terminal examinations.

This is contained in a statement signed by the State Commissioner for Education and Human Capital, Mrs. Wilbina Jackson, and made available to newsmen on Wednesday in Yola.

Jackson in the statement said,  “In spite of the COVID-19 pandemic the ministry wishes to inform parents and relevant stakeholders that  education must strive under all conditions.

“Gov. Ahmadu Fintiri has directed that the resumption date for the  2019/2020  Academic session in the state for the existing students in Primary six, JSS3  and SSS3 is Aug. 4, 2020.

“Subsequently, resumption is to be observed strictly within the necessary COVID-19 preventive guidelines as outlined by the  NCDC,” she said.

She listed the guidelines to include:  frequent and proper handwashing with soap or rubbing of hands with alcohol-based sanitizer, use of face masks, and maintaining physical and social distancing.

MORE READING!  Covid-19: Only private schools that meet laid down conditions will resume- Ekiti govt

“And in view of that, the ministry will liaise with critical stakeholders for smooth resumption,” Jackson said.

She called on traditional rulers, religious leaders, and other stakeholders to educate their wards and communities over the development.

The commissioner also advised proprietors of private schools to liaise with the ministry for guidance and direction before opening their schools.

MORE READING!  Deborah Tushima: Ortom consoles Benue varsity professor over daughter’s death
Continue Reading

Nigeria Update

JUST IN: Nigerian striker Onuachu contracts COVID-19

Published

on

Paul Onuachu

Super Eagles striker and international player Paul Onuachu has tested positive for coronavirus.

The results of his compatriots Stephen Odey and Cyril Dessers at Belgian club Genk, came out negative.

The 26-year-old Nigeria international is the first Eagles star to test positive for the virus that has caused sporting events cancellations and suspensions across the globe.

“In the run-up to the first exhibition game of the season, the entire Genk group was tested yesterday (Tuesday),” a report on Belgian website hln.be stated.

Everyone tested negative except Onuachu.”

The 6ft7in striker left Belgium for Nigeria on May 27, alongside fellow Eagles strikers Victor Osimhen and Imoh Ezekiel and returned to his club June 28 after he was stranded for a week in Lagos due to travel restrictions caused by the coronavirus pandemic.

MORE READING!  Imam of peace, Mohammad Tawhidi, drags Buhari on Twitter, calls him 'Hushpuppi Senior'

Onuachu becomes the second Nigerian footballer to contract the virus after Akpan Udoh, the first footballer to be infected, in February.

Pianese forward, Udoh, 22, was born in Italy to Nigerian parents and began his youth career at Reggiana, before moving to giants Juventus, where he failed to play a competitive game for the Old Lady.

MORE READING!  Deborah Tushima: Ortom consoles Benue varsity professor over daughter’s death

According to hln.be, Onuachu will miss Genk’s first exhibition game of the season against Eendracht Termien on Thursday (today) as he will be quarantined for a week.

Onuachu’s COVID-19 status has however raised concerns within the Genk squad as he had trained intensively with the rest of the squad for more than a week now.

MORE READING!  Police Service Commission dismisses 10 officers, demotes eight others

Onuachu joined Genk from Danish club FC Midtjylland last summer and scored 10 goals for the club before the Belgian Pro Division season was ended abruptly due to COVID-19.

Continue Reading




Trending