Connect with us

Entertainment

Wife of BBNaija’s Mike announces retirement from athletics

Published

Mike-perri

Wife of Big Brother Naija 2019 first runner-up, Perri Edwards Shakes-Drayton, has announced her retirement from athletics.

Mike Edward’s wife, Perri,  made the announcement in a video she posted on Instagram on Thursday.

The 31-year-old said she decided to call it quits after 16 years as a professional athlete.

“Athletics has given me many opportunities, including travelling the world and meeting many people. It’s been my life for 20 years but I’m ready to move on and look forward to my future ahead,” she said thanking fans, friends, sponsors, family and her coach, Chris Zah.

See Instagram post below:

 

View this post on Instagram

 

20 years since I was first introduced to athletics as a little girl, 16 years as a professional athlete. I’ve decided to call it a day and hang up my spikes… Athletics has gave me many opportunities, including travelling the world and meeting many people. It’s been my life for 20 years but I’m ready to move on and look forward to my future ahead. Big thank you to those who have supported me fans,friends, sponsors and family. Coach Chris Zah for believing in me and making dreams of mine realities. I’ve learnt a lot on my journey through the highs and lows, a big reason for the woman I am today. P.S enjoy my video, you know I love the camera had a few words to say plus enjoy some of my great moments from on the track. See you around guys love PSD

A post shared by PERRI EDWARDS (SHAKES-DRAYTON) (@itspsd) on

Mike also shared the video on his Instagram timeline and added that he was proud of her.

MORE READING!  If you don't desist from demanding s3x before you help ladies, God will paralyze your manhood- Actress Chioma Ifemeludike warns men

 

 

Entertainment

Stephanie Busari emerges only Nigerian selected as Yale’s 2020 World Fellow

Published

on

Stephanie Busari

Renowned journalist, Stephanie Busari, has beaten thousands of applicants from around the world to secure one of the few spots on the annual Yale’s World Fellow Program.

Stephanie Busari has been selected as the only Nigerian in the Class of 2020 for the annual Yale’s World Fellow Program.

The multi-award-winning journalist and editor at CNN Worldwide, Stephanie Busari, is widely known for exclusively obtaining the ‘proof of life’ video on the missing Chibok schoolgirls in the wake of the Bring Back Our Girls campaign.

MORE READING!  Nengi isn't the cause of your frustration – Bobrisky slams Toyin Lawani

The video exposition eventually led to talks with the insurgency group, Boko Haram, which resulted in the release of over 100 kidnapped schoolgirls.

She started off as a freelance journalist at BBC News before she moved to CNN in 2008; where she pioneered CNN’s first digital and multi-platform bureau.

Stephanie has since then amassed several awards including the Peabody Award and the Hollywood Gracie Award.

MORE READING!  #BBNaija2020: Lucy and Nengi fight dirty

This is why it was only fitting that she was chosen alongside 13 other women and men as part of the elite set in Yale’s 2020 World Fellows program; a global leadership development program at the university.

 

Continue Reading

Entertainment

Popular Actor, Antonio Banderas, tests positive for Covid-19

Published

on

Spanish actor, Antonio Banderas, has tested positive for coronavirus in Malaga, Spain, on his 60th birthday, the Daily Mail reported on Monday.

Antonio Banderas, who is best known for his roles in Desperado and The Mask of Zorro, announced his diagnosis on social media.

The actor revealed he was spending the day in quarantine and said that he was experiencing symptoms of fatigue.

Antonio Banderas reassured fans that he expected to make a full recovery in the near future.

MORE READING!  Success and her parents are ingrates- MC Jollof reacts to Success’ claim on fake promises (Video)

It is not clear where the Madrid-born actor contracted coronavirus, but, translated from Spanish, his post read: “I feel relatively well, just a little more tired than usual.”

He said he was “confident that I will recover as soon as possible” from the “infectious process that I suffer and that is affecting so many people around the planet.”

The actor added that he would be spending his time in isolation focusing on reading, writing and resting

MORE READING!  Indimi's daughter weds Kogi prince (Photos/Videos)

He said he would “continue making plans to begin to give meaning to my newly released 60 years to which I arrive loaded with desire and enthusiasm.”

Banderas has homes in Spain, the US, and near Surrey in England.

The actor’s work with Pedro Almodovar made him a star in Spain, before pop star Madonna introduced then to Hollywood.

Antonio Banderas carved an illustrious career spanning more than 100 movies, with huge blockbuster success including Philadelphia, Puss in Boots, and Pain and Glory.

MORE READING!  Klint Da Drunk mourns the death of his father

Antonio Banderas previously suffered a heart attack in January 2017 and he later underwent surgery to insert three stents in his arteries.

Antonio Banderas is the latest in a string of high-profile figures to test positive for the illness, including Tom Hanks, Idris Elba, Bryan Cranston and the singer Pink.

Continue Reading

Entertainment

JUST IN: Majek Fajek set for burial in US

Published

on

Majek Fashek

Legendary reggae musician, Majek Fashek, will be buried in New York, United States where he died.

His son, Randy, revealed this in a video on Monday.

However, no date had been announced for the burial yet.

Details shortly…

MORE READING!  #BBNaija2020: Lucy and Nengi fight dirty
Continue Reading




Trending