Connect with us

Crime

I thought they were fireworks, Winners Chapel attempted bomber says

Published

Nathaniel Samuel

The suspect who was arrested for attempting to bomb Living Faith Church aka Winners Chapel, Kaduna, Nathaniel Samuel, has said he never knew the device found in his bags were explosives but fireworks.

While being paraded before newsmen, the Bauchi State indigene claimed he had gotten the bag from a woman named Grace after attending an event the previous day.

Nathaniel also explained how he had gotten to the church and felt the need to use the toilet only to be apprehended.

MORE READING!  DSS arrests man, 42, for impersonating Buhari’s Chief of Staff

He added that he had thought the bag contained items for decorations, alleging that the police also confirmed the devices are fireworks and not explosives.

“I went to the church in the morning at about past 8 am, so while I was seating down, I was listening to the sermon from the man of God. All of a sudden I had a stomach ache, so I decided to go and use the toilet. When I came into the church I was holding a bag which contained some of my items, some of my documents because a day before that day, I went for an event at Ngwamboro, Sabo.

“We got it from the event through a lady I told them about and her name is Grace; when she gave it to me, I never knew what the devices were until after my bag was searched that I got to understand what they are. But at the long run, when they interviewed me at the police station, they discovered they are not explosives; they are mere fireworks for decoration”, he said.

Nathaniel was said to have attacked Winners chapel at Sabon Tasha area of Chikun local government area in Kaduna State on the same Sunday CAN organised a protest against killings and insecurity in the country.

MORE READING!  Lady marks 28 years of living with HIV (Photos)

Crime

Police declare war on killers in Ekiti community

Published

on

The Police in Ekiti State on Wednesday declared war on persons suspected to be involved in the violence and killing of two persons at Ire Ekiti, Oye Council Area of the state over the stoppage of Ogun Onire Festival celebration.

The town had been embroiled in violent crisis since Sunday over attempt by its monarch, Oba Victor Bobade to enforce government’s directives banning the celebration of the annual Ogun Onire Festival to prevent further spread of COVID 19.

MORE READING!  Apapa will open to traffic in October, says LASG

The action considered as provocative to Ogun worshippers had led to an attack on the palace of Oba Bobade, where two persons were killed and a car burnt in the process.

The police had arrested one arrowhead of the violence and 15 other suspects declared wanted.

The Police Commissioner, Mr Babatunde Mobayo, in a statement in Ado Ekiti, on Wednesday, said the command had begun a mop up operation to halt further killings and turning the town to a killing field.

MORE READING!  I’m hard to earn, not hard to get - Tiwa Savage says after T Billz shows off new bae

The statement signed by the Command’s Public Relations Officer, Sunday Abutu, said:

“In order to restore peace to the Community, the Commissioner of Police wishes to inform the people of Ire-Ekiti that the Police shall be carrying out a mop up operation and investigation to fish out the perpetrators in the Community from the hour of 6:00 am today, 12th August, 2020.

“In view of this, the Commissioner implores the people of Ire-Ekiti Community to be law-abiding, cooperate with the Police deployed and avoid any act that could frustrate the aim of the operation, as such adverse act shall not be tolerated.”

Mobayo observed with dismay, how some “unscrupulous” persons in their large number had taken to the streets, destroying properties, causing injuries and death of innocent citizens and consequently causing a state of anarchy and unnecessary apprehension.

MORE READING!  WWE wrestler James ‘Kamala’ Harris dies from COVID-19 complications
Continue Reading

Crime

Two Nigerians, Sudanese jailed for entering Malta with forged passports

Published

on

Three men – two Nigerians and a South Sudanese – have been jailed six months for using tampered passports to enter Malta.

The Nigerians – 26 years old Jerry Onyibe and Iwezu Tony, 30 – and a Bany William, 21, from South Sudan were charged with falsifying the passports, knowingly making use of them and possession of falsified documents.

MORE READING!  Lady marks 28 years of living with HIV (Photos)

Magistrate Caroline Farrugia Frendi jailed the three men after they pleaded guilty.

Continue Reading

Crime

Man, 65, kidnaps 11-year-old girl, prostitutes her

Published

on

Ahmadu Garba

A 65-year old man by name Ahmadu Garba, abducted and allegedly defiled girl, 11 before giving her out as a prostitute to clients for three months while she was in captivity.

The incident happened in Jalingo, Taraba State, where they reside.

Following the dastardly act, Police operatives from Taraba State Command have arrested Garba alongside his accomplices, Abubakar Bala and Suleiman Ahmadu and were paraded by the Police in Jalingo the capital of Taraba State on Monday.

MORE READING!  Dutch Police bust biggest cocaine lab, arrest 17 suspects

The Taraba State Police Command Public Relations Officer, David Misal, confirmed that the criminal kept the little girl in his custody for three months. He also collected money from others and allow them to have carnal knowledge of her.

The Police image maker, Misal explained that the criminals were arrested following a tip-off to the Police intelligence team, which moved in, rescued the girl and then arrested the suspects for interrogation.

MORE READING!  If you have no stable income, don't leave your parent’s house– Lady advises

During the investigation, the victim narrated what happened and how she was molested helplessly for those months.

Misal said that the three suspects confessed to have committed the crime and the Police will prosecute them and ensure the little girl gets justice.

The three suspects risk several years of imprisonment for statutory rape if they are tried and found guilty before the Court for the alleged offence.

MORE READING!  Blogger, 21, reveals how making pap helps him pay school fees and make a living
Continue Reading




Trending