Connect with us

Sports

Wolves drag Braga before UEFA over fans treatment

Published

Wolverhampton Wanderers said they have lodged a complaint with UEFA over the way travelling fans were treated during their Europa League match against Portuguese club Braga last month.

The English club said they had received a number of complaints from fans who were left “distressed and in some cases injured” as they tried to enter the Estadio Municipal de Braga.

“Wolves takes the safety of its supporters extremely seriously, and these type of incidents are not what is expected when attending events organised by UEFA or its member clubs,” the club said in a statement.

“We sincerely thank all supporters who have taken the time to share their experience with us to help form our report and now await a response from UEFA.”

Wolves and Braga played out a thrilling 3-3 draw as both teams qualified for the knockout stage from Group K.

MORE READING!  We will harmonize all interests in Anambra FA, caretaker committee chairman assures

 

Sports

Police arrest NFL Star, Derrius Guice, over domestic violence

Published

on

Police in Virginia on Friday, August 7 have arrested NFL star identified as Derrius Guice on charges stemming from “three domestic-related incidents”.

According to the Loudoun County Sheriff’s Office, the 23-year-old running back was taken into custody on Friday on multiple charges, including one count of felony strangulation.

Guice faces one count of strangulation, three counts of assault and battery, and one count destruction of property, a spokesman for the Loudon County Sheriff’s Office in Virginia said in an email.

MORE READING!  Hojbjerg to complete transfer to Tottenham this weekend

Sheriff’s office director of media relations and communications Kraig Troxell said that the incidents happened in February, March, and April at Guice’s home in Ashburn, Virginia and the sheriff’s office was made aware of the allegations on July 22.

Police said the incidents were first reported to the Montgomery County Police Department in Maryland where the victim lives.

The allegations were investigated by the Loudoun County Sheriff’s Office Domestic Violence Unit in coordination with the Montgomery County Police Department.

MORE READING!  UCL: Ronaldo brace not enough as Olympique Lyon knock out Juventus

Guice has since been released on a $10,000 unsecured bond.

In response to his arrest, Washington’s NFL team have released the running back.

They issued a statement saying,

“On Thursday we learned of a potential domestic violence-related incident involving RB Derrius Guice.”

“We immediately alerted the National Football League and have continued to work with them during this process.”

“We then met with Derrius to inform him that he was excused from all team activity pending a review of the matter.”

“This afternoon we learned that there were multiple charges filed against Derrius.”

“Upon review of the nature of these charges ad following internal discussions, we have decided to release Derrius immediately.”

Guice was drafted by Washington in 2018.

MORE READING!  Premier League clubs reject use of five substitutes in new vote
Continue Reading

Sports

JUST IN: Juventus FC sack coach Maurizio Sarri after Champions League exit

Published

on

Serie A champions Juventus have sacked coach Maurizio Sarri after one season following their Champions League exit on Friday night, Italian media reported.

Corriere dello Sport and Sky said the 61-year-old had been fired.

“Maurizio Sarri has been fired, it’s all but official,” the Gazzetta dello Sport wrote on its website.

Juventus won Serie A for the ninth season in a row last month but were knocked out of the Champions League in the last 16 on Friday, losing on away goals despite a 2-1 win over Olympique Lyonnais in the second leg.

MORE READING!  JUST IN: Juventus FC sack coach Maurizio Sarri after Champions League exit

 

 

 

 

 

Reuters

Continue Reading

Sports

Champions League: Chelsea’s squad to face Bayern Munich at Allianz Arena

Published

on

Frank Lampard

Chelsea have announced their squad to face Bayern Munich in today’s Champions League round of 16 second-leg tie at Allianz Arena.

According to Evening Standard, Chelsea manager, Frank Lampard, has released a full squad of 23 players to tackle the Bundesliga champions.

Lampard’s side lost to Bayern 3-0 few months before the COVID-19 break.

MORE READING!  Italian football club Roma sold for $700M

The Blues head to the game after losing the FA Cup final to Arsenal on August 1.

Recall that Lampard will be without three key players, Christian Pulisic, Pedro and captain Cesar Azpilicueta.

Also, Willian, who is on the verge of joining Arsenal, remains sidelined after missing Chelsea’s FA Cup final 2-1 defeat to the Gunners on August 1.

MORE READING!  UCL: Ronaldo brace not enough as Olympique Lyon knock out Juventus

Below is Chelsea’s squad against Bayern:

Kepa Arrizabalaga, Antonio Rudiger, Andreas Christensen, N’Golo Kante, Ross Barkley, Tammy Abraham, Willy Caballero, Ruben Loftus-Cheek, Kurt Zouma, Mateo Kovacic, Olivier Giroud, Mason Mount, Callum Hudson-Odoi, Michy Batshuayi, Reece James, Fikayo Tomori, Jamie Cumming, Emerson Palmieri, Lewis Bate, Dynel Simeu, Henry Lawrence, Ian Maatsen, Armando Broja.

The kick-off time for the match is 8 pm.

MORE READING!  Thiago Alcantara not guranteed first team role at Liverpool - John Barnes

 

Continue Reading




Trending