Connect with us


Woman kidnaps, kills childhood friend’s eight-year-old daughter in Kano


The Kano State Police Command has paraded the woman who kidnapped and killed eight-year-old Aisha Sani, the daughter of her best friend, at Tudun-Wada area of the state.

Aisha had been declared missing three weeks ago but two weeks later her corpse was discovered in a well at Gandun Albasa Quarters in the Kano Municipal Local Government Area. The area was several kilometers from her home.

The Commissioner of Police, Mr. Ahmed Iliyasu paraded the woman identified as Fadila Mohd Surajo, on Friday at the command headquarters in Bompai, alongside 116 suspects arrested over various crimes including armed robbery, kidnapping, and car snatching among others.

“On 15/7/2019 at about 1045hrs, one Sani Umar ‘m’ of Bukar Bolori street Tudun wada Qtrs, Kano reported that on 14/7/2019 at 1735hrs, his daughter, one Aisha Sani ‘f’ aged 8yrs of same address was kidnapped by unknown woman and took her to unknown destination.

During the course of investigation, a decomposing body of the victim was found in a well located at Tukuntawa qrts, Kano on 22/07/2019. Corpse was taken to Mortuary and was later released to the relatives for burial. However on 31/7/2019, one Fadila Mohd Surajo ‘f’ of Sabuwar Gandu qtrs, Kano was arrested in connection with the case and confessed to the crime. Case under investigation,” the police boss said.

Aisha was abducted by the suspect who was covered in an Islamic veil, on her way home from Islamiyya school. She was later killed and dumped in a well while negotiation for ransom to secure her release was still going on.

MORE READING!  20-year-old trainee cleric rapes girl, 10, in Osogbo

Aisha’s father Umar, confirmed that the dastardly act was planned and executed by his wife’s childhood friend Fadila. The suspect, whose parents live at Tudun Wada Quarters, is said to be a frequent visitor to Umar’s family.

Umar said,

Before this incident happened, on Saturday we were together at home and I observed that although she did not complain of ill health, she looked pale and sick. When I asked her what was happening, she said she was okay. That was the Saturday before her abduction on Sunday. The most surprising aspect of it was that the person that took her away came to our house that Saturday and my wife designed a beautiful henna for her. While my wife was doing the henna, she asked her which Islamiyya school Aisha attended. Aisha herself answered innocently that she attended Ihiya’ussunna, not knowing that it was a plan to abduct her,’’ he alleged.

“On Sunday I didn’t go anywhere. About 5pm I decided to visit my friend in the market and we were about to go for Magrib prayer when my phone rang. When I picked, they told me that Aisha was missing, that she did not return from Islamiyya. On hearing that, I became confused because the Islamiyya is not far from our house. It was then that her sister said that on their way home, Aisha was taken by one woman who was wearing Islamic hijab. That was how we started looking for the girl, searching everywhere till 1am. Subsequently, I reported to the police.

“On Monday, about 5:30pm I received a text message saying, ‘Aisha is with us and she is in good condition.’’ After that text message the line went off for over two hours. They sent another message that they would not release the girl until we gave them N10million,” Umar alleged.

He said the messages were sent in piecemeal, adding that after each message, the phone would be switched off till after two hours. This could be said to have prolonged the negotiation process, which led to the killing of the child.

MORE READING!  Nigerian Juju musician, Shina Peters, is 62

One week after the kidnap, Aisha’s father received a call threatening that they would kill the child if he didn’t give them N10m.

“I said the amount was too much and they asked how much I would offer. I said N80, 000, then they said I should give my wife the money to take to a location in Gwarzo Primary School, Karkasara. When I heard that, I knew it was another plan to trap my wife, so I replied that she had been sick before the incident; hence her blood pressure had risen so high that she could not do anything. The following morning, they sent another text message asking me to take the money to a location behind the mortuary at Abdullahi Wase Specialist Hospital.

“The following morning I took my wife, wrapped the money in a polythene bag and she dropped it at the specified location inside a female toilet at the hospital. We thought we would receive Aisha that day, but their phone was off till after two days before they called and said I had betrayed them,’’ he narrated.

He said that after all efforts to secure the release of the child proved abortive, he contacted the Department of State Service (DSS) and the police, through whose relentless efforts, the suspect, who happened to be the second wife of his childhood friend, was arrested.

MORE READING!  Buhari, Trump are two 'clueless' presidents, Wizkid says

In her confessional statement, the suspect said she first kept the girl with her sister at Zoo Road on a claim that the child’s mother was her friend who was divorced recently and her husband wanted to take custody of the child, that’s why she decided to take her away.

“She confessed that the girl was with her sister when the negotiation started, but after sometime she took her away and locked her in a toilet for three days. On the fourth day, she got tired of her and threw her in a well,” Umar added.


#JusticeForUwa: Police arrest one suspect (Video)



'Omozuwa was a virgin before she was raped', Women leader reveals (video)

One of the suspects linked to the rape and murder of Miss Vera Uwaila Omozuwa has been arrested by police officers attached to the Edo state police command.

WuzupNigeria earlier reported that the 22-year-old 100-level student of the University of Benin, Edo State was raped and killed while reading in a church in Benin city.

MORE READING!  Buhari, Trump are two 'clueless' presidents, Wizkid says

Spokesman of Edo police command, Chidi Nwabuzor confirmed the arrest while speaking to newsmen. He said the suspect was arrested after the deceased was rushed to the hospital and the fingerprint on the fire extinguisher she was attacked with was examined.

Nwabuzor said the suspect was apprehended after the Area Commander of Ikpoba Hill mobilized his men to take action.

MORE READING!  JUST IN: 268 Nigerians arrive in Abuja from China

Here is the video below:

Continue Reading


Man, who hacked policeman to death in Minna, arrested three years after crime



Three years after allegedly participating in the brutal murder of the Divisional Crime Officer, Kpakungu Police Division, DSP Aaron Sunday, a suspect had landed in police net.

WuzupNigeria gathered that Musa Usman, aka Musa Kaura, of the Maitumbi area, Minna, was trailed and arrested by detectives attached to the Maitumbi Division following a tip-off.

It was learnt that the suspect was one of the hoodlums, who hacked the DCO to death on March 3, 2017, and fled to Kaduna State.

MORE READING!  #JusticeForUwa: Police arrest one suspect (Video)

It was gathered that the gang had been terrorising residents of Minna before killing the police officer.

Usman told our correspondent that he never knew that police operatives were still trailing him after three years of participating in Sunday’s killing.

He stated,

“I never knew that the police would get at me; I thought they had forgotten about the case, not knowing that my cup would be full one day and I would be arrested after three years.

“I have learnt my lesson in a hard way and I advice young men to always stay out of trouble and be useful to themselves, because living rough will not help anybody; rather, it will ruin your life forever.”

The command’s spokesman, Wasiu Abiodun, confirmed the arrest, saying Usman was one of those who murdered the DCO three years ago.

“There is no hiding place for evildoers; the hoodlum (Usman) never knew that one day, the police would arrest him for the offence he committed years back. This will serve as a deterrent to others, who may think that they will get away with evil,” Abiodun said.

Continue Reading


IG’s forensic team in Edo to investigate UNIBEN student’s death



'Omozuwa was a virgin before she was raped', Women leader reveals (video)

A student of University of Benin (UNIBEN), Vera Uwaila Omosuwa, has been raped and murdered in cold blood but the tragic incident seems unending as it continues to generate anger and strong condemnation across the country.

The 22-year-old was gang-raped last week at a Redeemed Christian Church of God (RCCG) auditorium in Benin, the Edo State capital and later died from a head injury in hospital.

Reacting to the sad development, a team of forensic investigators has been deployed by the Inspector-General of Police, Mohammed Adamu to the state to unravel the death.

MORE READING!  Ighalo to remain in Man Utd till 2021

According to report, the deceased, Omosuwa, a first-year student had gone to read in the church when she was attacked by her assailants who reportedly forced their way into the church, raped and struck Omosuwa in the head with a fire extinguisher.

Force spokesman DCP Frank Mba, on Monday, said in a statement the police chief promised that the perpetrators would be arrested and brought to book.

“As part of deliberate and concerted efforts by the Nigeria Police High Command to unravel the circumstances surrounding the brutal attack and unfortunate death of Miss Vera Uwaila Omosuwa in Benin, the Inspector-General of Police has deployed additional investigation aids and forensic support to Edo State Police Command to complement and expedite action in the ongoing investigations into the unfortunate incident.

“The IGP, while condemning the attack, commiserates with the family, friends and colleagues of the deceased. He calls for calm and assures that the Force will surely bring the perpetrators of the callous act to book in the shortest possible time,” the statement read.

Continue Reading