Connect with us


You shouldn’t have arrested Funke Akindele, Nigerians lambaste FG over crowd at Abba Kyari’s burial


You shouldn't have arrested Funke Akindele, Nigerians lambaste government after crowd gather for  Abba Kyari's burial

Nigerians have called on the Lagos state government to pardon Funke Akindele who was sentenced to 14days community service and a fine of N100, 000 for violating the lockdown order.

Nigerians got infuriated as images from the Burial site of the late Chief of Staff in the person of, Mallam Abba Kyari flood everywhere.

From going against Social distancing order to defying the official procedures in burying patients who have died from complications of the COVID-19 disease- Nigerians have called out the Presidency for breaking every order that has been placed on the ground to curb the spread of this deadly disease.

MORE READING!  Gov Ahmed visits NALDA, sets aside 500 hectares for youths in agric

See some posts as seen on twitter below;

This is how people gathered to Bury a COVID-19 infected body today in Abuja. Funke Akindele didn’t do up to this one before she and her husband were charged to court. This is just a friendly reminder that Laws are made for the poor and the weak. Victory hand – @OndoFirstBorn

Our government have got to be the most useless in world.Not only is there a gathering of over 20 with No social distancing at the chief of Staff Mallam ABBA Kyari burial,there is an infected body in their mist and they prosecuted Funke Akindele,with no at confirmed case her party – @its_Tobiloba

READ ALSO: Abba Kyari’s burial: Should we have invited soldiers to flog crowd- Presidency

See other tweets below:


MORE READING!  Actor Nosa Rex defends Funke Akindele following abuse allegations by ex-staff (video)



I caught my wife under her lover’s bed stark [email protected], divorce us husband prays court



A man has prayed an Oja Oba/Mapo Court C Customary Court dissolve his seven-years marriage with his wife, Anudetan as he’s no longer interested in her.

According to the man identified as Olalekan in his divorce suit accused Anudetan of irresponsibility and neglect.

He added that she was promiscuous and abandoned him and their only child for four years.

The plaintiff told the court he no longer loved his wife and thus implored it to stop their relationship.

Olalekan also appealed to the court to grant him custody of their child who is a female and aged five years and six months old.

Anudetan acceded to divorce stating that her marriage to her husband had brought her no fulfilment.

She told the court her mind was made up on ending their relationship and moving on with life.

The defendant agreed that the plaintiff have custody of their child but pleaded with the court to grant her access to her anytime she wished to.

The court president, Chief Ademola Odunade, giving his judgment after he had heard both parties stated that it was obvious that the love between both had waned.

Odunade thus ruled that their marriage be dissolved.

He granted custody of their child to the plaintiff and ruled that he should make her available to the defendant anytime she felt like seeing her.

Odunade restrained the defendant from seeing their daughter at the plaintiff’s residence.

According to him, the plaintiff must bring her to the court anytime the defendant desired to see her.

“My plea before this honourable court is that it dissolved my marriage to my wife today,” Olalekan stated.

“Anudetan is promiscuous and will soon kill me if I continue with her in this union.

“My wife while still breastfeeding our only child who was about six months old was involved in an illicit affair with a man living three houses to ours.

“The landlady of the house informed me that my wife was dating one of her tenants and that she had become a regular face in their compound.

“She told me she had warned my wife to desist from this shameful practice but that she turned a deaf ear to her.

“The woman finding it difficult to convince me decided to take my mobile phone number and promised to call me whenever my wife visited their compound again.

“My phone rang the follow day and on picking it was the woman calling. She requested that I rush home because my wife was around and in her lover’s room.

“I called my brother and one other relative of mine and we drove on my motorcycle to the place.

“The woman pointed us to his door and we knocked on it requesting to see the occupants of the room.

“The man opened the door slightly but we pushed our way in. To our disappointment we found no one with him.

“Embarrassed, I went to inform the landlady that my wife was not there, but she insisted we search the whole room and even under the bed.

“I went back to the man’s room, knelt down beside the bed and peeped underneath and there she was. Anudetan hid under the bed naked.

“Angry, I dragged her out but stopped myself from beating her. I went home, packed her belongings and dumped them in her lover’s room and warned her never to return to my house,” Olalekan stated.

The plaintiff added that:

“I handed over our daughter to my mother who had been taking care of her since then.

“We fed her mainly with powdered milk and cereals and paid regular visits to the hospital in order to be sure she was medically fit.

“I decided against taking a new wife in order to give our daughter the needed attention.

“My wife hardly checked on our child throughout this period.  She was obviously not interested in her welfare.

“Anudetan later relocated to Lagos where I learnt she took up prostitution as a means of livelihood.

“She was there for about four years until she suddenly showed up in my family house where my mother and daughter reside.

“She ran from Lagos because of the high rate at which people were being infected with coronavirus in the state.

“Anudetan moved into my late father’s room and started living with my mother without my knowledge.

“I was furious when I learnt about this and instructed her to leave. She was quite unrepentant. She told me she came back because a prophet told her she should take custody of our daughter which I objected to.

“I reported her to her parents who spoke to her and she left. But to my surprise she came back again demanding that I give her feeding allowance.

“She fought me and tore my clothes. I was annoyed and almost slapped her but I restrained myself from doing so.

“Anudetan forcefully took our daughter from my mother and left her at her sister’s place. She returned her a few days ago when she was handed a court summon.

“My lord, all I pray this court is to separate us and put our daughter in my care.

“I also entreat the court to restrain her from coming to my house or work place to harass, embarrass or fight me, “the plaintiff stated.

The defendant giving her evidence said,

  ”The main reason I honoured  the court summon is to make my separation from my husband legal. I don’t find any fulfillment in our seven-year-old marriage and I’m ready to leave.

“He can have our daughter but I want the court to rule that he grant me access to her anytime I want to.”

Anudetan explained that,

“Life with my husband was rough because he never cared about my welfare.

“My husband was in the habit of giving me N200 for food while still breastfeeding our baby and this was not even regular. I told him the amount was too small to feed me as a nursing mother but he refused to add to it.

“He was used to coming home late and when I complain he would curse and fight me.

“My lord, the woman who informed him that I was involved in an extramarital affair is his first wife. She lied against me so that my husband could get rid of me.

“The man she claimed was my lover was my friend’s fiancé. Olalekan and I needed some amount which we couldn’t raise. I, therefore, sought my friend’s help who took me to her fiancé.

“We were there discussing with his fiancé on the terms of payment after he had agreed to borrow us the money, but she later excused herself for some few minutes.

“My husband and his brother came in few seconds after my friend stepped out and turned the whole compound upside down.

“They accused my friend’s fiancé of sleeping with me. Olalekan failed to listen to his explanation but went on to slap him.

“My husband sent me out of his house that evening and refused that I take our baby who was then one year and six months old with me.

“My lord, he always frustrated every attempt I made at seeing our daughter.

“He apologised for his misbehaviour after he came back to his senses and I forgave him. He pleaded that I returned home but I already had my plan laid to travel to Lagos to make a living.

“Though based in Lagos, I still paid him and our daughter regular visits and always come with goodies.

“It is true I returned home because of coronavirus pandemic and moved in with my mother in-law, but he lied that I sought the help of a prophet,” she concluded.


MORE READING!  Don’t break govt seals on properties sealed for breaking laws- LASG
Continue Reading


Donald Trump Jr’s girlfriend tests positive for Covid-19



Girlfriend of Donald Trump Jr., Kimberly Guilfoyle, and a top fundraiser for the Trump campaign has tested positive for coronavirus, according to a top official for the committee she leads.

“After testing positive, Kimberly was immediately isolated to limit any exposure,” said Sergio Gor, chief of staff for the Trump Victory Finance Committee.

“She’s doing well, and will be retested to ensure the diagnosis is correct since she’s asymptomatic but as a precaution will cancel all upcoming events. Donald Trump Jr was tested negative, but as a precaution is also self isolating and is canceling all public events.”

Guilfoyle tested positive in South Dakota before she was set to attend the President’s event at Mount Rushmore, a person familiar with the matter and a campaign source familiar with the matter said.

MORE READING!  Actor Nosa Rex defends Funke Akindele following abuse allegations by ex-staff (video)

Guilfoyle was not with the President and Donald Trump Jr. has so far tested negative, the person familiar with the matter said. That source said Guilfoyle had not had recent contact with the President, but she was in Tulsa, Oklahoma, and was backstage for his rally there and, was also at his event in Phoenix.

Guilfoyle’s positive test was first reported by The New York Times.

A former Fox News personality, Guilfoyle assumed the role earlier this year of national chairwoman of the Trump Victory Finance Committee, where she is credited with expanding its ranks of fundraisers.

MORE READING!  FG may lock down Eti-Osa, Ikeja, Lagos Mainland, others

Guilfoyle and Trump Jr. had been in the upper Plains region hosting high-dollar fundraisers for several days, people familiar with the matter said.

Guilfoyle has “been with a lot of the campaign donors” in recent days, one source familiar with the matter said.

Billed as a “Mountain West Ranch Retreat,” one event occurred in Gallatin Gateway, Montana, from Tuesday until Thursday, according to one of the people.

Another event was billed as the “Rapid City Roundup Retreat” in Rapid City, South Dakota, from Thursday to Friday.

The people said Guilfoyle was not seen wearing a mask during the events.

She is not the first person close to the President to test positive for the virus. A member of the Navy who serves as one of Trump’s personal valets tested positive in May. Additionally, eight Trump advance team staffers who were in Tulsa tested positive for coronavirus.

MORE READING!  Don’t break govt seals on properties sealed for breaking laws- LASG

All of Trump’s campaign staffers who worked on the rally in Tulsa were quarantining last week after interacting with several colleagues who later tested positive for coronavirus, CNN reported at the time. Campaign aides are tested before events, per the Trump campaign’s safety protocols.

The news of Guilfoyle’s test comes not long after Trump Jr. posted images that falsely suggested that masks and face coverings don’t help prevent the spread of the highly contagious virus.

Continue Reading


David Starkey: Professor sacked by university after saying ‘slavery was not genocide’



Canterbury Christ Church University has bowed to pressure from students and labour unions to sack Historian David Starkey after the visiting professor claimed in an interview that ‘slavery was not genocide’ because ‘so many damn blacks live in Africa and Britain’. 

The 75-year-old academic who is a visiting professor at the university made the comments during an online interview with Brexit campaigner Darren Grimes for YouTube channel Reasoned UK.

During the interview, Starkey said:

‘Slavery was not genocide, otherwise there wouldn’t be so many damn blacks in Africa or in Britain, would there? An awful lot of them survived and again there’s no point in arguing against globalisation or Western civilisation. They are all products of it, we are all products of it.

‘The honest teaching of the British Empire is to say, quite simply, it is the first key stage of our globalisation. It is probably the most important moment in human history and it is still with us.’ 

The interview sparked a backlash online, even British-Nigerian historian David Olusoga reacted, tweeting,

‘This is truly disgusting. And by the same ridiculous, twisted logic the Holocaust would not be counted as a genocide.’

The university has now put out a statement announcing the professor’s sack while apologizing to students and staff of the school.

MORE READING!  Gov Ahmed visits NALDA, sets aside 500 hectares for youths in agric

In a statement today Cambridge’s Fitzwilliam College said:

“The Master has accepted Dr David Starkey’s resignation of his honorary fellowship with immediate effect. “

‘Fitzwilliam prides itself in leading the way in Cambridge in opening access to higher education for under-represented groups. Our student and academic bodies are diverse and welcoming to all. We do not tolerate racism.

‘Honorary fellows have the same responsibility as all members of our college to uphold our values.’ 

Vice-chancellor of Canterbury Christ Church University Professor Rama has also apologised.
He said:

‘Widely reported comments by historian David Starkey during a recent online interview are, in our view, completely unacceptable and do not reflect the values of our university and community. We have therefore terminated, with immediate effect, Dr Starkey’s visiting professorship. 

‘I would like to say sorry to colleagues and students who will have been offended and upset by such comments of this appalling nature, and in particular in these challenging and difficult times for us all.’ 

Continue Reading