Connect with us

Coronavirus

You’re vile, my man is a hero, Mikel Obi’s girlfriend slams troll

Published

Shortly after Turkish Club, Trabzonspor announced that they have terminated Mikel Obi’s contract, a fan labelled the midfielder ‘a pussy’ for mutually agreeing to end his contract.

However, his Russian girlfriend, Olga Allegra, fired back at the social media user, calling him ‘vile’ and describing her man as a hero.

Mikel John Obi who still had a year on his contract gave up all his remaining wages in order to end his time at the club less than a year after joining.

MORE READING!  Season over for Liverpool’s inspirational captain

Though no reason was given on why the Nigerian footballer called off the contract with the Turkish club, however, his Instagram post earlier this week suggested it might have been because of the wide-spreading coronavirus.

Olga insinuated that the social media user who is seemingly a Trabzonspor fan called her man a “pussy” over the development. Mikel Obi’s girlfriend who insisted that her family comes first, slammed the troll she described as “vile”.

MORE READING!  Yam grows out of UNICAL hostel while on lockdown (Photos)

She wrote;

You are vile, but My man is a Hero. Family over everything. Good friends show their love in times of trouble, not just in times of happiness. — Euripides.

Thank you Trabzonspor fans that understand and for those who don’t, I’m sorry, but family first no matter what

General

COVID-19: Kwara deputy governor’s aides test positive

Published

on

Some aides of the Kwara State deputy governor and chairman of the Technical Committee on Coronavirus, Mr Kayode Alabi, have tested positive for COVID-19.

In a statement by the Chief Press Secretary to the deputy governor, Modupe Joel, on Sunday, the deputy governor said his COVID-19 positive aides have been admitted to Covid-19 Infectious centre, Sobi Specialist Hospital Ilorin.

MORE READING!  Priest who blessed dead COVID-19 victims recounts ordeal as Italy heals

Mr Alabi, who again called on the people of the state to always adhere strictly to COVID-19 safety protocols, warned that the disease is a real and present danger that requires serious caution.

He explained that the government is determined to flatten the curve of COVID-19 and curb community transmission.

The Deputy Governor called on Kwarans to take responsibility in the fight against the disease, saying that the only antidote against COVID-19 is to obey all the government’s and health officials precautionary measures such as wearing of nose masks, avoidance of large gathering, adherence to physical distancing, washing of hands with soap and running water or sanitiser, among others.

MORE READING!  JUST IN: Coronavirus now linked to possible Brain Damage

He also advised all Ministries, Departments and Agencies to emulate his action by testing staff.

 

Continue Reading

General

Oyo discharges 67 more Covid-19 patients

Published

on

Oyo: Makinde says schools, worship centres won't reopen anytime soon

No fewer than 67 COVID-19 patients were on Saturday discharged from the Oyo State Isolation Centre after receiving their second negative test results.

Governor Seyi Makinde, who announced this through his official Twitter handle, on Sunday, said the figure raised the number of discharged cases in the state to 992.

He, however, stated that 17 new cases were recorded on Saturday when their tests came back positive.

MORE READING!  UFC 251: Kamaru Usman beats Jorge Masvidal to retain welterweight title

According to the governor, the cases are from Ibadan North Local Government Area (LGA) with six, Ibadan Southwest LGA with four, while Lagelu and Oluyole LGAs have three and two cases respectively.

“Akinyele LGA and Ogbomosho North LGA recorded one case each. So, the total number of confirmed cases in Oyo State as at today is 1,706,” Makinde tweeted.

MORE READING!  China bans some food imports after coronavirus detected on shrimp

The governor added that one COVID-19 related death was also recorded on Saturday, bringing the number of deaths in Oyo State to 21.

He implored residents of the state to keep following the guidelines of the COVID-19 Task Force to ensure a slow down in the spread of the virus in the state.

“Wash your hands regularly with soap and water, wear face masks in public places and maintain proper social distancing.

MORE READING!  Barca's Griezmann injured, likely to miss title run-in

“Also call the Emergency Operations Centre on 08095394000, 08095863000, 08078288999 and 08078288800 or visit a community-based testing centre, if you have any COVID-19 symptom.

“The symptoms are cough, fever, tiredness, body ache, loss of smell/taste and shortness of breath,” the governor tweeted.

 

 

 

 

 

 

NAN

Continue Reading

Coronavirus

India records highest daily spike of Covid-19 cases

Published

on

India within the last 24 hours recorded a single-day spike of 28,637 COVID-19 cases, making the country’s caseload already close to crossing the 850,000 marks.

This comes just five days after crossing the 700,000 marks, India Today reports.

According to the Union Health Ministry report, the new figure of cases has made it the ninth consecutive day that coronavirus cases in India increased by more than 22,000.

MORE READING!  Watford beat Newcastle 3-2 with two second-half penalties

The Health Ministry also reported 551 deaths in the last 24 hours. With the fresh cases, India’s coronavirus tally has now reached 849,553.

Out of the cases, 292,258 are active and 534,621 people have been cured of the infection. The death toll has also hit 22,674.

New Delhi, the capital alone recorded 1,781 fresh coronavirus cases on Saturday, taking the tally in the city to over 110,000, while the death toll from the disease climbed to 3,334.

MORE READING!  China bans some food imports after coronavirus detected on shrimp

In other news, Bollywood film star Amitabh Bachchan and his son Abhishek Bachchan have tested positive for the novel coronavirus.

The Indian actor on Saturday announced on his Twitter page has tested positive to the infection. The Indian Express reported that the 77-year-old actor was admitted to Nanavati Hospital in Mumbai

Continue Reading




Trending