Connect with us

Coronavirus

Zlatan places curse on enemies, wishes them coronavirus

Published

Zlatan places curse on enemies, wishes them coronavirus

Nigerian singer, Omoniyi Temidayo Raphael, known professionally as Zlatan Ibile has taken to twitter to place a huge curse on his enemies.

The 25-year-old on Sunday tweeted

” O LORD my Father let all enemies die of corona !!! Somebody shout amen “

His fan’s who are found his post rather distasteful have reacted. See some of their reactions below;

 

MORE READING!  Veteran Nollywood actor, Prince Femi Oyewumi, is dead

His fans who found his tweet rather distasteful have aired their opinions

 

General

UK to evacuate 900 more British travellers stranded in Nigeria 

Published

on

900 more British travellers stranded in Nigeria are set to return home on three flights chartered by the United Kingdom government.

This was contained in a statement on the website of the UK government obtained on Sunday.

According to the statement, the new flights are scheduled as follows – May 29: Lagos – London, June 1: Lagos – London and June 6: Abuja – London.

The statement added that

“The additional charter flights have been arranged for British travellers, and their dependants, whose primary residence is the UK. Priority is given to the most vulnerable travellers, for example people with health conditions.

“Once completed, these additional flights will bring the total number of people flown back to the UK from Nigeria on government charter flights to around 2,000, following flights arranged last week from Lagos and Abuja to London.”

The statement also quoted UK’s Minister of State for Africa, James Duddridge, as assuring that the UK government would continue to work closely with its Nigerian counterpart.

MORE READING!  I nearly committed suicide over N20m debt - Real Warri Pikin

Duddridge said,

“Our next phase of UK government charter flights will mean another 900 British travellers are able to return home from Nigeria. We appreciate this has been a difficult time and will continue to work closely with the Nigerian authorities to support those wishing to return to the UK.”

It also urged British travellers to visit the Nigeria Travel Advice pages for further information.

“The UK Government is working with the airline industry and host governments across the world to bring British travellers home as part of the plan announced by the Foreign Secretary Dominic Raab on March 30.

“There is up to 75 million Pounds available for special charter flights to priority countries, focused on helping the most vulnerable travellers.

“So far, charter flights have returned British travellers from countries including India, the Philippines, Ecuador, Bolivia, Nepal, Ghana, Tunisia, Algeria and Peru,” the statement added.

Continue Reading

health

Nnamdi Azikiwe University Teaching Hospital confirms first case of COVID-19

Published

on

Authorities of the Nnamdi Azikiwe University Teaching Hospital (NAUTH), Nnewi, have confirmed that one case of coronavirus has been recorded in the hospital.

Prof. Anthony Igwegbe, the Chief Medical Director (CMD) of the hospital, disclosed this on Monday, NAN reports.

Igwegbe said the patient was diagnosed with the virus following a test upon getting to the hospital.

According to him, the test result was released on May 23.

MORE READING!  Don't forget that artistes sign contracts willingly and at times they bring their own downfall- Adewale Adeleke

He also said that the patient was immediately moved to one of the isolation centres in Anambra State for treatment.

He said,

“The patient was quickly moved from our isolation ward to the Anambra State Treatment Centre last night for care and treatment.

“The patient, a male trader resident in Onitsha was admitted to the isolation ward following proper triage on his presentation on May 20.

“Specimen for test was taken the following day and sent to Irrua.”

The CMD further stated that a suspect was earlier taken in, but test sample was not taken before the patient died.

“That was a probable case, the patient showed some symptoms but sample was not taken before the patient died.

“So we have only one confirmed case of COVID-19 in NAUTH so far,” he added.

However, he said that all the necessary precautions were taken and all those that attended to the confirmed patient used Personal Protection Equipment.

MORE READING!  Burna Boy lambastes Davido

He also gave an assurance that the hospital would remain vigilant.

Continue Reading

General

Niger state: They only gave us food no drugs- Covid-19 patients call out state govt

Published

on

Niger state: They only gave us food no drugs- Covid-19 patients call out state govt
Niger state government has been called out by Covid-19 patients recently discharged from the Minna Isolation centre over the alleged poor treatments meted to them at the isolation centre.
According to The Nation, some of the patients who spoke to newsmen revealed that since their arrival at the isolation centre, they have not received any single drugs for the treatment of the disease.

One of the discharged patients who was picked up from Zumba in Shiroro local government said that he was tested positive and quarantined at the isolation centre and that he was expecting to be treated and given drugs throughout his stay at the isolation centre but none was administered to him.

“I expected that I will undergo some treatment, but apart from food, nothing was given to me in the form of treatment. They did not give me a single drug.

“They only give us food every day that is all. No single drug, not even paracetamol was given to me throughout the 14 days”, he said.

READ ALSO: Eid-el Fitr: Ganduje frees 294 correctional centre inmates

He further disclosed that his mother and other relations who were also picked up and quarantined with him were also treated shabbily.

MORE READING!  Stand by your nudes and leave hackers alone, Shade Ladipo tells Seyi Shay

He stated that after their discharge, they were not provided with transportation and were told to find their way adding that money for transportation was not given to them.

“They just came and asked us to go. They did not tell us how we would move neither did they consider that we may not have any money to transport us home.

“We trekked from the isolation centre at the back of the police secondary school to the main road. From there, we trekked to Dutsen Kuran Gwari before someone assisted us to Sabon Gari junction.

“It was at Sabon Gari that a commercial vehicle carried us to Zumba before we now borrowed money from our people to pay the driver”.

Continue Reading




Trending